Chapter 13

Sonic shook his hand, shaking the saliva off of it. He gave a disgusted look as he watched Shadow turn around, his back facing the blue hedgehog.

Yuck... I wish he didn't sleep on my hand, Sonic thought as he double checked to make sure his gloved hand was dry. What the hell was he even dreaming about... Do I really want to know the answer to that question?

He supposed he didn't sleep in a better manner. His leg was aching and he didn't know if he should wake Shadow up. I'd hate to think Shadow being the grumpy type if woken up from his slumber...

But he needed painkillers badly. He shook Shadow's shoulder slightly. Shadow didn't awake and Sonic sighed.

Fine... Sonic shook Shadow's shoulder furiously. Shadow looked over his shoulder, looking at the azure hedgehog tiredly.

"What is it?" Shadow grunted, yawning as he sat up.

"I could really use some painkillers. My leg is hurting like a -"

"Alright, I'm on it." Shadow nodded. He slid off the bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. He rubbed his eyes as he tried to wake himself up. He found the painkillers and went into the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

Why's my muzzle wet? Shadow asked himself, as he looked in the mirror before going into the kitchen. Then he remembered the dream he had...

A blush appeared on his face as he quickly went out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. I hope I didn't do anything suggestive.

Shadow went back to Sonic's bedroom after drying his muzzle from his saliva. He gave the painkillers and water to the blue hedgehog, who thanked him as he did so.

"I've noticed you've cleaned yourself up." Sonic laughed. "You got my glove wet, you know?"

"How exactly did I do that?"

"Well, after you said 'I'll protect you... my Sonic', you grabbed my hand and slept on it." Sonic explained with laughter. "It was kinda cute until you started drooling. Must have been some dream!"

"Must have." Shadow replied, making it seem that he had no clue what he dreamt of.

"If you're still tired, you can go back to sleep, I don't really care." Sonic said with a shrug.

Since he did interrupt me, I might as well. It is 2 a.m. Shadow laid down next to Sonic and looked at the ceiling.

"So, was the pain keeping you awake?" The ebony hedgehog asked.

"Yeah and I really didn't want to disturb you, but it got pretty bad. Must have been because of yesterday's adventure."

Shadow hummed in agreement, closing his eyes and sighing.

"Can't remember your dream huh? I get that a lot." Sonic smiled, looking at the ebony hedgehog, who opened his eyes wide. "Or perhaps you do remember it..."

"It wasn't much." Shadow simply replied.

"Fantasies run wild, don't they?" Sonic smirked as Shadow looked at him.

"What would you know?"

"Well, I've had quite a few weird dreams, but I can only remember bits and pieces of them." Sonic explained.

Shadow yawned. Sonic laughed. "I'm going to let you go back to sleep now. Night. Sweet dreams."

Shadow grunted as he closed his eyes. Yeah, sweet dreams... Yeah right.