★ | 009. whereabouts of his left arm

Book: Whatever It Takes, Attack On Titan

Chapter 9: Whereabouts Of His Left Arm

Word Count: 1707

The first time Asta saw Levi Ackerman was when he was standing in the crowed of people and watching as the soldiers came riding in on their horses, most of their faces were blank but none of them matched the scowl that was on the captain's face

At the time, Asta had only heard about the man and how good he was at killing Titan's. He had never seen him or talked to him.

"I've heard so much about him." Armin said in an excited tone that matched the voices of the crowed. "He's a Titan killing machine."

Asta raised his eyebrows and looked closely at Levi. He didn't look the part. In fact, he looked rather short from where he sat on top of his horse, however when he turned his head and Asta caught his eyes. He could see the strength and power behind them.

Short or not, maybe tis guy did know what he was doing.

Asta's breath hitched as Levi looked him in the eyes. It was only for a second before he was looking away again but it was enough for Asta to take in his good looks. He cleared his throat and looked towards the ground, slightly ashamed that that thought even went through his head.

"Why is your face red?" Eren asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Asta snapped his head back up and began wiping a hand on his cheek. "I'm hot! Okay?" He snapped slightly.

Eren held up his hands with wide eyes. "Sorry for asking."

Asta shook his head and sighed. "No, don't worry about it. I'm sorry." His eyes quickly glanced back at Levi who was halfway down the street by now. His face stayed red as he stared.

Eren's eyebrows furrowed even more and he looked towards where Asta was staring and saw exactly what it was about. He looked between them for a moment. "Why are you staring at Captain Levi?"

"I'm not!" Asta snapped again and huffed. Eren didn't know why but he felt a frown grace his lips.

★ ★ ★

"You're all going to die."

Those were the first words that came out of Eren's lips after he had woken up. Asta held his arm around his shoulder, keeping him up as Eren stared ahead with a distant look held within his eyes.

"Eren, hey!" Asta put his hand on Eren's cheek and turned his head, looking into his green eyes, trying to find some sense of his best friend.

The longer they looked into each others eyes, the more Eren seemed to come back to reality and he suddenly gasped, his brain working at full as his eyes darted around to see him and his three friends surrounded by other soldiers.