20 | Child Lock

Saturday seemed to come fast, the rest of the week flying by. Jungkook asked if you needed a ride to the party, and you told him you didn't. You started to tell him the reason, but you stopped yourself, not wanted to answer the onslaught of questions he would ask if you did. He would see at the party.

You knew the engagement party was going to be a much bigger affair than the engagement was. Mostly because the boys always looked for a reason to plan something extravagant. You were almost a hundred percent sure Hoseok had already planned the whole party before he even knew they were getting married, and Yoongi did whatever made Hoseok happy.

The last big party you had gone to was the rager you met Jimin at, but you knew this party was probably going to be a lot different. You had to wear a dress, for example.

It took you ages to dig out a dress that was acceptable for the engagement party, because you knew Hoseok and Jin would kill you if you weren't dressed right. It was a short yellow dress, made out of a really pretty satin material you were terrified you would stain. It was backless, with little strings tying it. 

You put it on and brushed your hair out, laughing as you thought that the last time you dressed up nicely was for you and Jungkook's graduation. 

Just as you finished brushing your hair and pulled on a pair of flats, there was a knock at the door. You took a deep breath, almost tripping as you went to answer it. Your hand hovered over the knob and you counted to five so it wouldn't seem like you were too eager.

On five, you pulled the door open.

You had never seen Jimin in nice clothes before. Your eyes widened as they took in the sight of him, wearing a light grey button up shirt and a white tie. His hair was smoothed back, not messy like usual.

"Wow," he breathed, and you finally noticed he was doing the same thing to you. He cleared his throat, seemingly trying to snap himself out of it. "Uh.. you look great," he stuttered.

"Yeah, you too,"you said, trying to sound normal.

There was silence for a few moments. 

"Do you wanna..?" he stepped out of the way, raising his eyebrows at you.

"Definitely," you nodded, stepping past him. He closed the door behind you, and the two of you walked towards the parking lot.

"Damn," you said as he pressed the button on his keys and his car beeped. You didn't know much about cars, but you weren't stupid, you knew that the sleek navy blue vehicle he was opening the door to was definitely a nice car.

He opened the door for you and you rolled your eyes, but climbed in anyway. You saw him laugh quietly as he shut the door. 

When he climbed into the driver's seat, you immediately realized that this was probably going to be the longest and most awkward car ride of your life. 

"So," Jimin said, "How've you been?" He tried to conceal a smile, and you knew he was teasing you.