Part 3

There are parts of real chatroom conversations taken from the Mystic Messenger game. These bits of chatroom conversation are owned by Cheritz. I do not claim to have made up that part of the story.

     "Fine," I sighed. I wondered if he would really do those things to me, or if they were idle threats. Did I really want to find out?

     "Yes!" Seven exclaimed. "See you in the chatroom."

     I sat back on the floor, deciding against going back into the apartment. My hand was shaking as I touched the messenger icon. Within seconds the app loaded up and I found myself back into the chatroom. No one was saying anything, and I had zero desire to be the first. I felt like I was in a nightmare where everyone was staring at me naked.

V: Hello Yvette. Thank you for agreeing to come back into the chatroom

V: Luciel says you're in Rika's Apartment?

707: More like outside of it, sitting on the floor.

V: How did you come by the password?

Unknown gave it to me. :Yvette

707: I've looked and there is nothing in the log about Unknown.

707: Nothing about Yvette until she joined our chatroom.

Jumin: Who disclosed the password for Rika's apartment?

V: No one knew the password. I don't even know it.

Yoosung: Thought V knew.

V: I respected her privacy.

Yoosung: She never invited me to her apartment.

Jumin: It's the same for everyone else.

Yoosung: Seven, you know it right? You traced the IP.

Yoosung: Tell me the address. I'll go there...

707: Sorry, but... I can't tell you that.

Yoosung: I'm her surviving family.

707: The apartment doesn't belong to Rika.

Yoosung: Then who?

V: Me.

V: I've never been there. I just know where it is.

V: Anyways, the apartment is in my name.

V: Rika usually worked there. There are a lot of documents in there that must not be damaged.

V: I can't reveal the address because all the classified information about the organization is stored there with other sensitive materials.

Yoosung: Then how does Seven know that the address he traced is Rika's apartment?

Jaehee: Since he's responsible for the organization's classified information.

707: Yup. That's true, but I'm the one who developed this app.

707: Rika wanted to take care of some work through this too.

707: I went to her place to link the app with some of the documents in her computer.

So when I entered the apartment, I was connected to your chatroom? :Yvette

707: Exactly.