Part 13

I was originally planning on going to the mall but changed my mind. After yesterday, I thought I might avoid the mall for awhile. I ended up going to the downtown area where there were several clothing stores along with cafes, jewelry stores, toy store, and many other things. On the weekends there were street performers. I rarely had weekends off, so I had never seen them.

     The first store I walked in had employees that were too snobby for my taste. When I went to talk to one of the ladies, she put her nose in the air and walked away. Guessing they didn't want my business, I quickly left the store. If one of my employees acted like those ladies did, They would be looking for a new job.

     The next clothing store was half a block away. This store was twice as big as the one I just left. In minutes of walking in, I was asked if I needed help. I kindly explained to the woman about the RFA party and needing a dress and maybe pajamas. Her eyes lit up as she took me other to the dresses.

     "What length are you thinking of?" She asked as she walked around the clothing racks.

     "I guess around knee length," I said. "With being short, long dresses drag to the floor."

     "Let's start with this simple black dress," The lady said as she pulled out a sleeveless dress. "A black dress can be worn at many different occasions and never go out of style." She pulled out a couple more black dresses in slightly different styles and handed them to me.

     With a sigh, I entered the dressing room. The first dress was tight all over. Even though I was sure Zen and Seven would enjoy the dress, I hated it. The next dress didn't fit me right. It is loose in the top, but tight at the waist. The third dress looked okay, but it was long sleeve. I was unsure about how hot it might get at the party. A short sleeve or sleeveless dress with a jacket might work better.

     After trying on a dozen dresses, I remembered why I hated clothes shopping. I was beginning to doubt I would ever find a dress that would be just right for a charity party. The sales woman handed another dress to me over the door.

     "Why don't you try this one, dear," she said. "I know it's not all black, but the red lace on the top gives it an extra spark."

     With a sigh, I slipped the dress on and looking in the mirror. It was perfect. It was form-fitting at the top without being too revealing. The skirt was loose at the hips and came to just above my knees. I walked out of the fitting room to see the dress in a better light. A smile came to the sales woman's face. I think we had a winner.

     The sales lady took the dress to the register while I looked at the pajamas. After sleeping in oversize t-shirts for years, I was at a lost at what might be sexy. No one would be seeing me wear them, but it might be nice to wear them while chatting with him on the phone.

     "If I might make a suggestion," a male sales associate began "If you want comfort plus appeal, I would go with the tank top and shorts set."

     "Tank top and shorts set?" I asked. "Do you enjoy wearing them?"

     "I don't, but my girlfriend does," he laughed.

     The sets were mix and match, which didn't make it easier, and it felt weird talking to a man about what he enjoyed seeing his girlfriend in. I knew he was just doing his job, but I was wishing for someone else to come over and help me. In the end I picked a bright red top, a dark purple top, black shorts, and silver shorts. They were satin, and I'd never owned anything like them before. As I walked up to the register, I wished I had a female friend to shop with. Maybe once I got to know Jaehee better, we could go shopping.