Chapter 6

I walked out of my car and into the school.

What happened yesterday was still on my mind. "What is Jaimie thinking? Has what she thought of me changed?" I walk through the school hallway over to my locker where I put everything away. I stand up and grab the binder I needed for my first class of the day. I try to walk over to the staircase since my first class is upstairs but I couldn't help but look around and notice everyone staring at me. My mind raced. "Had Jaimie blasted what happened?" I thought. I took a deep breath and brushed it off. She shouldn't have. She understands that's wrong to do. Right. I began to walk quicker as thoughts ran through my head. "Why would she do that? I thought. Does she hate me that much? What about Ava? What would she think?" I walked in the door moments before the bell rang and dropped my stuff on my desk, making a loud bang noise. People in my class looked over at me as my face turned a tomato red. "I'm sorry." I said. Everyone went back to their normal everyday duties as class began and we started a new note sheet. I couldn't focus though. I sat at my desk, not paying attention to a word the teacher was saying. He babbled on as I spun around my pencil and went into deep thought. "What if Jaimie did tell everyone? What if it wasn't Jaimie but it was Kevin playing another sick joke on me?" Many thoughts paced my head before I felt a tap on my shoulder and was brought back to reality. I looked over to my right, where the tap had come from, and seen Ava. 

"We're halfway down the page" She told me. "You've got nothing written down!"

"Oh no,"  I thought. The teacher's gonna kill me. I, without thinking, jump up in panic, slamming my hands on my desk. I started to look around as I became aware of what I just did. "I- uh..." I stuttered. "Can I go to counseling?" I hoped the teacher would say yes, as I needed to get my thoughts in order. Of course, I wouldn't actually go to counseling, I'd just be roaming the halls or sitting in the bathroom to collect myself. 

"No, Mr. Bradely." The teacher told me. "Sit back down and actually pay attention, please. You've gone to the counselors office enough times this week"

"Well," I said, before sitting down. "Can I at least go to the bathroom?" The teacher sighed and nodded for me to go quickly. I walked through the hallways, found myself in the bathroom, and sat down on the toilets in one of the stalls. "Ok," I thought. "What happened this morning? Why was everyone staring at me in shock?" It was no secret that everyone was either scared of me or out to make fun of me but it was every single person in the hallway avoiding me. It was odd they were looking over at me and whispering into each other's ears instead of moving on with their mornings and ignoring me like they usually did. I was glad Ava wasn't scared of me. I was glad she'd talked to me and notified me of my absence of mind. I took a deep breath and stood back up. I really needed to get back to class before the bell rang to dismiss us to our next class. I walk out of the bathroom and look up at the nearest clock. "Dammit," I think. It was two minutes before the bell rang. I bolted my way back to class, sliding on the floor and falling by the door to my class just as the bell rang.  As people came flooding the halls, they walked around me, making sure to get the most distance between them and me. That was extra unusual. Normally, the people in this school wouldn't have a problem stepping all over me. Something's off about today. Someone spread something about me again and it changed everything. It wasn't weird for people to spread rumors about me but it was weird for people to be acting like this about me. Ava also didn't stop to help me out like she would've before.  I quickly got up off the ground and rushed into the room, grabbing my stuff and rushing to my next class. Something's up with today, I just don't know what.