Chapter 18

I woke up to see the familiar pink walls in Ava's room. I jumped up as I remembered what happened. I didn't hear anything, though. There was no one banging on the door, no one yelling outside, no one partying downstairs, either. I opened the door to take a peak and saw nobody there. Everyone must've given up and left. 'They all probably hate my guts even more than more,' I thought. I had no idea why, though. All I did was carry Ava up to her bedroom. She needed peace and quiet. I looked over to her bed and saw Ava still passed out on her bed. She still looked as beautiful as ever, even with her hair a mess and body all over the place.

I sighed, relieved that there wasn't anyone left. 'People are probably still passed out inside the house somewhere.' I thought. I looked at Ava a little longer before deciding I should make her some food. 'She's always eating a bunch during lunch, so she might want a lot for breakfast as well.'

I walked downstairs and was surprised to see nobody passed out around the house except for PB and Adrian. They looked so cute together. I smiled as I passed the living room they were laying in. I opened the large refrigerator that PB and Ava had and searched through it. I grabbed out the eggs, bacon, and a few veggies to put in an omelet. I put the eggs and bacon on the stove and started making the omelet and watching the bacon on the other side. I listened to the sizzle of the food and the chirp of the birds outside. When I was done with the omelet and bacon, I opened the window near the kitchen to hear the birds chirp better. I slid the omelet onto a plate and put four pieces of bacon on there, too. I went back into the fridge and grabbed an apple, putting it on the plate as well.

I smiled at the breakfast I made Ava as I noticed a notepad and a pen on the counter. I thought for a bit, deciding to write her a little note. A goodmorning note wouldn't hurt and, plus, I had to leave soon anyways. The chances are, she'd probably still be down when I left.

I took the notepad and pen and wrote a short little note and took everything up to Ava's room. I put down the food gently on the bedside table she had with the note right next to it. I stared at her for a few seconds in awe before realizing I forgot water for her. I quickly went back downstairs, pouring a glass of water for Ava, going back up and putting it next to the food and note.

I smiled at her a little bit more until I noticed her starting to wake up. My heart skipped a beat and I stopped thinking. I rushed out of Ava's room before she saw me and left through the front door. I didn't think she heard me as I left but I hopped in my car quickly before anything else. I started my car and drove out of her driveway. When I was driving onto the main road, I looked in my mirror to see Ava standing on her front porch, waving and jumping. She had a big ass smile on her face that I couldn't help but adore and I noticed her holding the note.

I pulled down my window and screamed, "I'll see you at school tomorrow!" and drove away. 'I can't believe I just did that...' I thought. I smiled bright. I was glad I did it. I was glad I got the chance to see her genuinely happy, even if she was a little hungover. Nothing could get in the way of Ava being happy when she was happy. I loved that about her, so much.

I drove down the road, happy I went to the party, even if it wasn't the best experience I had. There were some parts that I liked. Getting to hang out with Ava, getting to know a little more about Kevin and getting on his good side, seeing Ava happy in the end. It was all worth it just for that. Things definitely could've gone better, but I wouldn't have it any other way, though. Something about the experience made it just perfect and I didn't want to change that.

I pulled into the driveway to my house to see Nellie on the steps in our garage that lead to the door. She held her teddy bear in her arms and had a blanket draped over her. 'Dammit' I thought. 'Why is she sleeping outside?' I pulled into the garage, which seemed to wake Nellie up. I jumped out of the car and wrapped my arms around Nellie. I pulled away and looked at her face. She looked sick and I could feel her shiver.

"What're you doing outside?" I asked. She sat up fully and I felt her forehead. "Nel, you're burning up!"

"I just wanted to make sure you got home safely..." She sneezed and sneezed until it finally stopped and I patted her on the head.

I sighed, handed her the teddy bear she dropped, picked her up, and grabbed her blanket. I took her to her room and tucked her into her bed, where she hugged her bear tightly and shivered.

"It's okay, Nel." I told her. "I'll get you some soup." I stood up and Nellie curled up a little more, letting out a little cough.