Chapter 15

I wake up in Ava's room with warm blankets laying over me. My vision no longer seems to be blurred so I checked the time to see it was 3:47. The noise outside of the room made it apparent that the party was still going on. I had to go to the bathroom so I got up and made my way out of Ava's room. I had no idea how amazing her house looked until now. 'Her family must be super wealthy,' I thought.

I didn't want to disturb anybody and ruin the party again so I searched for the upstairs bathroom myself. I first opened the door to an empty bedroom that looked like it belonged to Ava's parents. I then walked down to the end of the hallway to check the door that was over there to the right. I opened up the door to see navy blue walls and royal blue carpeting. Upon looking around, I was greeted by the sight of PB and another boy on his bed, making out. They stopped to look over at the door that creaks loudly.

"Luka?!"

"I'm sorry," I said. "I'll be leaving now." I started to close the door as I noticed both of them getting out of the bed and PB began to run after me. I gasped and ran down the stairs, almost tripping and falling over them. It was a large staircase, so no doubt it would've hurt if I had fallen. I swung open the front door and closed it behind me, hiding in the bushes so PB wouldn't be able to find me if he'd come out.

The sticks and branches of the bushes scratched my arms as I heard the front door open and close again. I heard PB scream, "Where are you dumbass!?" before the patter of his feet sped away from the bush I was hiding in and far away from the house.

I peek my head out to make sure it's safe enough and I bring myself out of the bush. I sigh, relieved I avoided him, when I heard what sounded like someone crying. I walked on the sidewalk and turned the corner that led to the driveway and saw Kevin sitting against the house, crying his eyes out. I take a step and a branch snaps. Kevin sniffles and looks over at me.

"Go away loser," he says, trying to not cry in front of me.

"What a girl broke your ego?" I say but I regret saying it, "sorry," I immediately say.

"What do you want!" he says yelling at me.

"I was just trying to hide," I tell him as I slowly walk towards him.

"Well this place is taken," he says. I get next to him and sit down.

"What happened? Seriously," I ask.

"Why do you want to know?" he yells

"I might be able to help," I calmly say, trying not to cry.

"Why would "mr. screwup" want to help me?" he says.

"I don't know just let me help,"

"Whatever it's not like I have a choice," he says

"Yeah sure..." I say hesitating, "now what's up?"

"My mom called while I was partying," he says looking down at his phone

"Oh shit did she catch you," I say sarcastically.

"No! Listen to my story if you want to help!" he yells

"Okay sorry," I say

"My mom said my dad and her are getting a divorce," he says

"I'm sorry man, just so you know it's not your fault,"

"Thanks," he says

"Yeah now go get so fucking drunk you don't have to worry about this," I say. Oddly enough Kevin laughs,

"Hell yeah let's do this!" he yells "cmon lets go!"

"Me?" I say hesitating

"Do you see anyone else around here?" he says

"I do," a voice says. Kevin and I look over at PB and I get up and run. I turn around and see PB running after me and Kevin trying to stop him. I turned around and ran into the boy that was making out with PB. I fall to the ground.

"I finally got you, you little punk," he says. I look up to see his knife.

"So Adrian how should we cut him?" PB says squatting down next to my face.

"I don't think we should cut him," the guy says calmly

"Why not!" PB yells, "he caught us,"

"We can tell him not to tell anyone," the guy says calmly

"Yeah like that'll work," PB says fidgeting with his knife.

"I-I won't tell anyone s-swear," I tell them.

"See he said he won't" he says, "now put the knife down,"

"I don't trust him, I told you that multiple times!" PB yells

"Look he's scared so he knows you'll hurt him if he tells anyone,"

"Y-yeah what he said," I say looking at him.

"Shut up!" PB yells sticking the knife close to my neck. I close my eyes.

"Ponyboy Curtis Drake! Put the damn knife down right the fuck now!" I open my eyes and see Ava standing in place of the guy.

"Ava Elizabeth! Don't you fucking call me by my birthname!" I look over at PB and his eyes are watering as he slowly walks over to Ava and puts the knife up to her face.

"What are you and Adrian doing hunting down my friend!" Ava says. She grabs PB's wrist and kicks him in the balls. PB knees fall down to the ground and Ava grabs his knife from his hands.

"Damn," I think to myself as I am still on the ground. "that was an adrenaline rush,"

"Why would you get my ex involved?" she yells

"What-" I think "oh no.. not now I can't black out right now-"