Chapter 10

I threw myself on my bed after finishing my breakfast and captured myself in my thoughts again. They were curious thoughts, but they weren't bad like before. 'What should I wear?' I thought. There was a week to decide this but I wanted it to be perfect. I didn't want to embarass Ava, since everyone adores her so much. She's awesome, what's not to adore? I've never met someone so kind, caring, and dare I say, beautiful. She just captured my attention every time she walked into the room. The way she moved, the way she spoke, it was all just... perfect. She's my favorite human in the world, she's just amazing in every way.

I shook my head clear of these thoughts. 'I've only known her for five months,' I thought. 'There's no way I should be thinking these things already!'

Afterall, PB probably wouldn't like it if I thought about these things of his sister. He'd probably beat my ass if he found out I liked her. No one would want me saying 'I love you' to their sister! I haven't even met their dad yet! He'll definitely not let me take Ava as my girlfriend.

I stood up from my bed and began searching through my closet, which was filled with mostly jeans, black jackets, and bland shirts. Only one of my shirts wasn't solid white or gray or black and all it had was a skull on a black background. I've really gotta pull myself out of this emo thing...

I sighed and walked downstairs, looking for my mom. I found her in the kitchen, scrubbing the dishes clean. She always did so much for me and Nellie. This, I guess, will be the last thing I ask from her. I pick up a dish and a sponge and start cleaning it. "So, mom." I say, looking over at her while simultaneously picking up dishes, scrubbing them clean, and putting them in the dishwasher with the other dishes. "I'm going to a party next week and'"

"A party?! Honey, you're hardly prepared for that! You don't even have a suit!"

"I know..." I replied, quickly. "But this is a casual party, do you think we can go shopping for some casual clothes that aren't so... bland?"

She laughed at the mere suggestion. "Of course, Luka! Let's just finish washing the dishes and then we'll go!"

I picked up dishes, scrubbed them, and put them in the dishwasher at a quicker pace as my excitement grew. I would be getting new clothes in my closet, I would be going to a party at the house of the person I trust the most, and maybe, since everyone adores Ava, they'll stop bullying me! When all the dishes were scrubbed and put in the dishwasher, I put on my regular old black jacket and hopped in the car with my mom. If anyone knew anything about fashion, it was her. She would be able to help pick things out for me to wear!

I sat in the back seat, behind the driver's seat. I was glad my mom didn't yell at me for doing this. It was a weird thing for someone my age to be doing, refusing to sit on the passenger side of the car, but I still needed time. I still needed time to forget him, to forget everything that happened. He was the one who did this to me.

My mom played my favorite station on the radio as we drove down to the mall to pick out some clothes for when I go over to Ava's place. When we got there, I picked out a nice jean jacket. My mom picked out a cool shirt that matched the jean jacket and a pair of jeans. We also got a bunch of other clothes that really popped to fill up my closet for me to wear.

I had a lot of fun looking at stuff with my mom. I had a lot of fun being able to get out of my house for once instead of just sitting on my bed all day on my phone or doing my homework. It was great.