Chapter 24

I woke up, still as empty as I was from the night before. I decided it was best to go to school, anyways. 'I might just be overreacting,' I thought. 'Maybe seeing Ava today will make me feel better.' I lugged myself out of my bed, sighing as I rub my chest where the empty feeling lied. It just wasn't going away and I felt like it never would. I've felt this emptiness before, it's like an endless void. Ava filled up the void that I felt but this time, I wondered if she even wanted to talk to me, and if she did, even if she wanted to help fill the void that was killing me from the inside out.

I sloppily threw on some clothes, not caring anymore that the sweatpants I wore didn't match the shirt I had put on. I didn't care that the shit also had an obvious stain on it. I just didn't care, all I wanted was to see Ava and tell her everything on my mind.

I hopped in the car, driving my way to school. There were several points where I considered driving my car off the road and crashing it. I kept thinking that nobody liked me, that nobody wanted me around. 'That's not true,' I thought, convincing myself not to crash the car. 'Ava likes me, a lot.' That thought cheered me up a little, but I still had my doubts after last night at prom. I still doubted she wasn't dating me just for pity, that she even loved me like she said.

I parked my car in the usual spot, walking in the school and looking around. Everyone avoided me, like usual as of recently. It seemed like the chattering had grown a lot. 'Why today?' I thought. 'Why do they have more thoughts to speak of today?" I knew they were talking about me. It was obvious, no one tried to hide it. I heard my name and a few of the dumb nicknames I was given being thrown around the crowd of whispers as I opened my locker and put my stuff away, keeping my first class stuff out and getting ready to go up to my class. I stood up from my locker, as I had gotten the bottom locker instead of the top.

When I'm on the staircase to walk up to my class, I see Kevin walking down the stairs. He scoffs at the mere sight of me. When we get to the point of walking side to side past each other, he pretends to accidentally bump into me, making me drop my stuff all over the place. As I scurry to pick up the papers that hadn't been clipped into my binder, I see Kevin's feet and look up. He stood there with a letter that Ava had written me, which reminded me everyday how much I meant to her. He grabbed the top of the letter with both of his hands, where he smirked and promptly ripped it in half. He then took the two halves of the letter and ripped those. He kept ripping it until there were no pieces left that he could rip. He dropped the two last small pieces of the letter he had in his hand and started chuckling as he stared at my shocked face, the one that was about to cry with no stopping.

"What's wrong?" Kevin said, in a mocking voice. He didn't wait for me to even open my mouth before pushing me back down when I tried to get up. "Come on, freak! What're you gonna do?" He looked at his friend, who stood next to him. "Look at him, he can't even defend himself." They both chuckled as I stared at the ripped up letter scattered on the ground.

A tear dropped from my face. "Just shut up already!" I screamed. They stopped chuckling. Kevin slowly got down to my knees, staring me in my eyes as I looked up from the ground.

"What was that, freak?" He asked.

"I said shut the fuck up!"

"Or what?" He asked, his friend kicking me to the ground from my side.

I coughed before saying, "Or... or I'll..."

"'Or I'll'" Kevin mocked me. Kevin was still kneeling down to look at me as he laughed with his friend. It was the same friend that me and him played video games with that one night a while ago...

I was getting angrier and angrier hearing their laughs, until I just can't hold back anymore. I tighten up my hand into a fist, taking a deep breath before screaming, swinging my fist at Kevin's face. He coughed a little, holding his face that was turned a little to the side from me punching it. He removed his hand from where I punched it, revealing a large red mark that was surely to turn into a bruise and his bleeding nose and broken lip.