Chapter 11

I couldn't help but be excited. The party was still 5 days away and my excitement still grew from hour to hour. I will probably explode from excitement before the day of the party even comes!

I picked up my stuff and headed to my next class, being sure to turn in the few pages of work I did for that class. I still had a lot to do but progress was progress. At least I was getting somewhere. I spent the entirety of my last class caught in my thoughts. It was good I already had the notes for the whole week because then I would've been yelled at by the teacher again.

During class, while I was thinking about the party and how I could've confessed to Ava that I like her, people started chuckling. I got brought out of my thoughts when I heard the increase of people whispering and chuckling. The teacher didn't seem to care, he just went on with the lesson as to get it done and over with. I looked around to notice people were looking at me yet again, whispering to their seat buddies and chuckling.

'What rumours could they possibly be coming up with now?' I thought. I looked to my left and then to my right at all the people around me, whispering and chuckling. I forgot to look behind me as I sighed and placed my head in my arms on my desk. My failure to look behind me proved to be a big mistake as Kevin, who sat in the desk behind mine, took his water bottle and dumped it all over me.

The teacher sighed and looked over at us as the class burst out laughing. My face turned red as the teacher silenced the class with his loud and scary voice. "Luka, Kevin." He said. "I'm very disappointed in the both of you."

"But I didn't-"

"I don't want to hear it, Luka. Both of you get after school detention!"

I clenched my fists. "I'm going to fucking kill you" I whisper underneath my breath in anger.

I was hoping Kevin didn't hear me but it became apparent he did when he screamed out, "That's a death threat!" The teacher looked back at both of us.

"Both of you, go to the counselors office!" He yelled in his loud teacher voice.

I scoffed and walked out the door, being sure to bump into Kevin with my wet shoulder. He scoffed at me but couldn't do much as he was going to the same location as me no matter what. He stormed out of the room after me as we walked on opposite sides of the hallway down to the counselors office.

Kevin kept going until we reached the door to the office where he stopped, appearing to be waiting for me. 'Damn,' I thought. 'If he's stopped, this can't result in anything good.' I walked up to the door and reached for the handle but with the next step I took, I tripped on the leg Kevin had extended in front of me. As I fell, my arm which had the brace on whacked the door handle then got crushed under my body when I had completely hit the ground. The pain I felt on my bruises and my arm was unbearable. It was bad enough where I thought the injury on my arm had been made worse.

I lied on the ground for a bit in major pain as Kevin laughed at me. It wasn't long, though, before a teacher came out of her room to inspect the disturbance that was out in the hallway. She saw me, in pain on the ground, and watched Kevin's face straighten up as he saw her come out and look over at him.

I was actually quite happy that Kevin had tripped me because after the teacher came up to us, she not only released me from any detention I had, but Kevin was given the whole week of detention.