Chapter 19

I lie on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about Ava and the party. People were probably super pissed at me for even breathing on Ava. I sighed and closed my eyes for a brief second before I heard my phone ding. I got a notification from Kevin. 'Kevin!?' I thought. 'When'd I have the time to get his number?!' and then I remembered Ava knew my passcode and probably opened my phone for him.

I sighed, opening my phone. "Hey, idiot." He said.

"What's up?" I replied. I watched as the three little dots appeared on my screen. 'What could he possibly want to bully about now?' I wondered.

"Do you want to hang?"

'Oh,' I thought. "Sure. What would we be doing?"

I waited for the three dots on my screen to turn into a message. "We're going to my friend's house to play video games," he said. "Then we can chill at my moms and eat dinner."

I stared at my screen for a moment, typing "sure!" then deleting it.
"Won't they make fun of me?" I asked.

"If they do, I'll beat 'em up haha." He responded.

"Haha, okay."

"K, be here in 10."

I sighed and got up off of my bed, walking over to my closet to put on some decent clothes that didn't smell of alcohol.

I walked downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen, preparing food for dinner. "I'm going over to my friend's house for dinner, you don't need to make me anything." I told her.

"Alright." She said. She stopped for a second and sighed.

"You okay, mom?"
"You're coming back, right?"

"Yeah, I promise. I'm not like him at all."

"Okay." She said. "And that, girl, Ava? Don't treat her like an object."

"Okay. I don't know where that came from but I promise, I love her to death and wouldn't do anything to hurt her."

I walked out to my car and took a deep breath as I started it. I put the directions in my phone for Kevin's house and drove down there, blasting my favorite station. I drive for around 10 minutes and then I pull up in his driveway.

"Hey man let's go!"

"Okay,"

"Get in," he says as he gets into a red lamborghini.

"Wait, that's your car?"

"Yeah," he says

"Woah it's so nice,"

"Yours is nice too dude,"

"Yeah but it's no lamborghini,"

"Yeah. Now get in!"

"Okay!" I hop in the back seat of his car. Luckily, his friend was already sitting in the passenger seat. I buckled up my seat belt and sat back as Kevin turned around to look at me.

"Good," He said. "You're buckled up." He looked forward as a smirk took over his face and then turned up his music really loud. He grabbed the wheel and started driving normally before speeding up. He sped up past the speed limit so I was being pushed back into the seat hard as the car moved forward. He kept going super fast, but stopped speeding up. It felt like he was speeding up, though, no matter how much I knew he wasn't so I grabbed the seat belt and squeezed it tight. I closed my eyes as Kevin suddenly braked the car, making me fly forward into the seat belt.

I shook my head, trying to stop the tears from coming out. 'That was kind of fun,' I thought. A smile slowly formed on my face as Kevin and his friend laughed and high fived in the front seats.

Kevin's friend looked back at me. I knew the face he had on anywhere, he was about to tease me. "Looks like you were scared, freak!" He said, chuckling.

"Would you stop calling me freak?" I asked.

Kevin's friend laughed a little. "I think psycho back there is mad." He said in a sarcastic voice, looking over at Kevin.

Kevin playfully punched his friend in the arm. "Alright, man, that's enough."

I realized we were still on the side of the road when Kevin started driving again, following the directions to his friends house. He carefully parked in the driveway and we all got out and headed in. I sat down on the couch as Kevin threw a controller next to me. I flinched and was super relieved it didn't hit me. Kevin's friend laughed hard and then put in the game. I grab my controller, choose my character, and we begin to play.