Chapter 17

Ava jumps up, running her hands through her hair, clearly stressed. She storms out, leaving me alone in her room. I throw myself back into her pillows and hit my face with my hands, sliding them down to my neck. I put my hands back down to my sides and stare at the ceiling. 'Things went downhill,' I thought. I layed on the bed, unsure of what to do, for another few minutes before deciding I should go look for Ava.

I pushed the blankets off of me for what I hoped was the last time I needed to, jumped out of Ava's bed, and out of her bedroom door. It was 8:43pm and the party seemed to be still going on but I noticed a less amount of people were there when I walked down the stairs. When I got the last couple of steps, I heard an angry voice yelling in the living room. I stopped at the step I was on as there was a wall in between the living room and the end of the stairs to listen in on what was going on. The two different voices I heard were super familiar but it was hard to be sure because, even if there were significantly less people, it was still a bit too loud to know for sure.

I peaked my head around the corner of the wall, making sure not to fall off the stairs as I stared in the direction of the yelling. Jaimie was on top of Kevin on the couch and Kevin was yelling at her to get off. "I'm asexual!" He screamed. "This is mildly uncomfortable!" He struggled as Jaimie kept trying to hold him down and make moves I never thought she'd even dared to make. "Get the fuck off of me, you little-"

"Brat?" She interrupted. "We can't be using any bad words, okay, daddy?"

I cringed hearing her say that. 'What the fuck?' I thought.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just want you and your perfect body. Is there something wrong with that?"

"There's actually a lot wrong with that." Kevin kept getting angrier. I was surprised he hadn't thrown her across the room yet. "Get the fuck off of me or I'm calling the cops on you, you're crazy!"

"Say whatevah'" Jaimie replied, leaning in. Kevin seemed to have begun to give up resisting as Jaimie reached down to try slowly pulling down his pants. Kevin was very obviously uncomfortable with what was going on but I guess he hadn't wanted to hurt her.

Before Jaimie could do anything more, I ran down the stairs and over to the two, pulling Jaimie off of Kevin. "What are you doing?!" I asked.

"Well, what's a party without a little fun?' Jaimie replied.

"I can confirm that I was not having any fun." Kevin butted in. Jaimie gave him a dirty look. "I find this sexual stuff very uncomfortable and do not imagine myself ever willingly doing anything sexual with anyone."

"He was uncomfortable," I told her. "I thought you were different."

"Whatever." She scoffed at the both of us and stormed off to grab some liquor.

"Thank you," Kevin said. "I didn't want to hurt her or anything."

"No problem." I told him. "Have you seen Ava?"

"I saw her walk by earlier. I think she's in the kitchen."
"Okay, thanks." Kevin patted me on the shoulder and walked the opposite direction of me. I walked into the kitchen to see Ava talking to two pretty big guys. She was holding a cup in her hands but I didn't think anything of it as she didn't seem like the type to drink. She had a large smile on her face and seemed to be super laughy.

"Luka!" she says walking over to me, laughing. She trips and falls into me. I catch her.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask her.

"Only a lil bit," she says quietly and then laughing afterwards.

"Let's play a game of truth, dare or drink!" a random boy yells.

"C'mon Luka!" Ava says grabbing my hand and leading me to her giant living room. She pushes me onto the sofa and sits in my lap. I grab her hand, uncomfortable with her playing this game with these people.

The person that started the game pointed at some random girl to officially start the game. "Alright!" She said, excited with a drink in her hand. I didn't know what she was drinking but she looked like a freshman so she was probably drinking something strong to try to be cool. She asked a girl near her who chose truth, and typical to freshman not knowing what they're doing, she asks the other girl if she likes anyone in the room.

"Well, maybe." She responded. "Okay, moving on, because I'm not giving anything else away." She blushed and looked over towards a senior I knew.

'Jesus,' I thought.

This girl decided to turn to Ava and ask her. I was surprised when Ava, in her excited, drunken state, answered with dare instead of drink. I was kind of relieved, though. "Make out with the guy you're sitting on." I saw everyone put on a look of confusion except for that girl, the rest of the freshmen, and Ava. Ava seemed especially excited for the dare to be gone through with. She turned her head around to look at me as she got up off my lap and put her hands on my face as my eyes widened and face went red.

"Ava," I whisper

"It's ok," she whispers as her face gets close to mine. I could smell the alcohol in her breath but I can't figure out what it was. Was it vodka? She pressed her lips and then started making out with me.

"Is freak into it?" I hear someone say, I push Ava away and she goes to pick the next person. The person she picks decides to go with drink and I watched as everyone cheered them on to drink all of what was put in their cup without stopping. They seemed to be out of it when they were done so someone else had to choose the next person to go.

The person choosing was someone I knew from one of my classes. He was usually super quiet so I didn't know his name. He took a quick look around. "Hmm..." He said. "Let's go with the freak boy over there." I sigh.

"So freak, truth, dare, or drink?" he says

"D-dare?" I say.

"O-okay," he says mocking me, "I dare you to take of your shirt," he says

"Oh um no thanks," I say.

"Do it! You have to!"

"Take it off!" Someone yells. I sit there. Ava turns around and starts to take my shirt off, my eyes start to water, and then the whole shirt is off.

"Hot damn," a random girl says. Ok now it's my turn to ask someone.

"Umm- Jamie?"

"Okay I choose Drink,

I wasn't allowed to see or know what I was given, which stressed me out a whole bunch. I looked at the cup I was given, nervous to drink it. I looked all around the room to see all the excited faces for me to drink it. Kevin wasn't there, though. Neither was PB or Adrian. I took a deep breath and rose the cup to my lips when Ava's body slumped over me, scaring me a little. She hugged around my waist with her eyes closed and it became clear to me that she was passed out.

People looked over at us in disgust as I put the drink down, being careful not to disturb Ava or spill the alcohol.

"Coward!" I heard someone scream at me. The guys there started throwing their empty plastic cups at me as I lifted Ava up and into my arms.

"Kidnapper!" I heard another scream. I pushed my way through the people and managed to get to the stairs before looking back and realizing big and strong guys were now coming after me. I ran up with her in my arms and brought her into her room, which I've seen a thousand times already. I carefully put her on her bed and managed to close the door before anyone got to it, locking it and sliding my back down against it. I pushed myself against the door, hoping they wouldn't knock the door down. Everyone on the other side was screaming and yelling as Ava seemed to be sound asleep.