Chapter 16

I jolt up quickly, gasping for air real quick before I'm brought back to reality. I was in Ava's bed. I look around the room to see PB and the guy he was making out with standing on opposite sides of the room. I remember Ava calling him Adrian. He had brown wavy hair and brown eyes. I noticed his ears were pierced with black studs. I look over at the end of the bed and see Kevin's head sticking out. He was sitting on the ground beside the bed.

"What happened?" I asked as Ava walked through her door with a towel in her hands.

"Oh, you're awake." Ava says, with a shocked look on her face as she slowly stops twirling the towel around in both her clenched fists. "I guess I don't need this anymore.." Instead of putting the towel down on the table next to me like I thought she was going to do, she walked up to PB and whacked his face with the towel really quick. It made a loud slap and left a red mark where it had hit with a few water drops as it was wet, too.

"What was that for?!" PB screamed as both Kevin and Adrian started laughing. As their laughter starts to die down as Ava and PB argue on, Kevin stands up. He stretches his arms high in the sky, revealing his abs. I blush slightly as I see them.

"Alright," He says, running his fingers through his hair. "Since this dork is awake, I think I'll be going." Kevin walks over to me and pats me on my head. "Stay safe, you had me worried." My face became red real quick as he turned away and left out the door.

My face went back to normal, though, as my attention was pulled away to both PB and Ava yelling my name and looking at me.

"Ponyboy says he wasn't too drunk when he threatened you!" Ava said in her loud, scary voice. "How drunk was he really?"

"I- uh," I stuttered.

"How is he supposed to know?" PB yelled back. "Plus, I didn't drink more than two shots so I couldn't have been that drunk!"

"Actually-" I started.

"Only two shots? I saw you basically drowning in those bottles!"

"I was not! I barely even touched the bottles, I swear to God!"

My small voice could barely break through their loud arguing voices. Adrian was super calm about this going on. He was just standing at Ava's dresser with his arms crossed and looking down. The more this went on, though, the more I saw Adrian's anger build up inside of him. His fists became tightly clenched and it looked like he was breathing harder as his anger grew from the sight of his shoulders moving up and down quickly with his arms and clenched fists still crossed. I looked back over at Ava and PB to see her grabbing his wrist and pointing at the bandages on his fingers.

"What the hell PB!" Ava yells. Suddenly Adrian gets up and storms over to PB and Ava.I watch as he pushes down Ava and grabs PB's wrist and storms off.

"Leave him the fuck alone Ava god dammit!" he yells. I look down at Ava and see her lying on the ground. I remain still.