Chapter 12

I look at the clock and notice that it's almost 11 o'clock at night. I let out a sigh and continue texting Ava. I don't care that I'll be tired in the morning. I want to text her.

"I can't believe it's almost 11pm" I text her

"Is it really?" she texts back

"Yeah," I reply

"Damn, I'm going to be right back," she texts.

"Ok," I reply. I place my phone on my chest and stare at the ceiling. I hear the front door open

"Shit that's probably my dad," I say as I close my eyes and play the music on my phone. My door opens and I pretend to be asleep.

"Luka!" I hear a familiar voice say so I open my eyes and see Ava.

"What are you doing here?"

"My mom's drinking right now and my dad's out,"

"Where's your dad?" I ask

"Business trip," she says.

"Oh okay, common over," I say patting the bed

"Does your dad go on business trips often?" I ask Ava

"Yeah," she says looking at the bed picking at her ripped pants.

"You ok?" I ask her cause she's being quiet. I lay down and stare at the ceiling. She lies down next to me and also stares at the ceiling. I sit up and start to take off my shirt from being hot, but I stop when I remember Ava is there.

"Why'd u do that?" She asks

"Do what?" I say trying to hide my face as I lay back down.

"Don't play dumb. Why'd you stop taking your shirt off?" She says turning around to look at me.

"You're here that's weird," I say, trying to not freak out.

"No it's not it's fine," She tells me.

"I'm not taking it off! It's weird!" I say

"Take it off!" She says getting a little bit closer to his face

"No!" I whisper yell

"Take it off!" She says getting closer to his face

"No!" I whisper yell again

"Take," she says, getting closer to his face with each word "it. Off," she is now so close to my face I can feel her body heat. I lean in and kiss her. I lay my head down and place my hands on my face.

"Shit," I think to myself. Ava takes my wrists, moves my hands off my face, and looks at my face and kisses me back. I look at her and stare at her beautiful brown eyes.

"Is this actually happening?" I think as we continue to kiss. We make-out for what feels like forever. I look at the clock and it's now 12:45 in the morning.

"Damn," I think. Suddenly Ava starts to take off my shirt. I sit up and hesitate.

"It's okay," she says taking it off slowly. She takes it off and sees my scars "damn that's" she says thinking.

"Fucked up? Scary? I've heard it all trust me" I tell her looking at my scars.

"No it's hot," she says running her hands through my arm. I sigh.

"Oh" I say kissing her again, "I don't deserve her," I think to myself

"Maybe we should..," she says looking at the clock.

"Stop?" I ask. She nods as she lays next on top of my chest. I hug her and stare at the ceiling. "Did that just happen?" I think again. I look at my blankets and pull them up to keep Ava warm. I run my fingers through her long golden blonde hair, and sigh. I close my eyes, and fall asleep.

"You two look like you had fun," a woman says. I open my eyes and see my sister Nellie. She's staring at my arms. "So she knows?" she asks. I nod as I slowly move away so I can get dressed.

"Dammit!" Nellie says.

"What?" I ask, getting paranoid.

"I thought you guys had sex," Nellie says crossing her arms. I laugh as I open the drawer and take out my favorite t-shirt and throw it on the end of the bed. I put on a shirt and some jeans. Pull on a hoodie and zip it up.

"Now get out!" I say shooing out Nellie. I go over to Ava and wake her up.

"Damn you're already covered up," she says looking at me.

"Yeah," I say as I stare at her, "oh right here," I say, grabbing the t-shirt and handing it to Ava.

"Thanks," she says, grabbing it. She gestures to me to turn around.

"I showed you my scars can't I just-" I say before she interrupts me

"Turn around dumbass," she says laughing.

"Fine!" I say moaning as I turn around.

"All done," she says. I turn around and look at her.

"Damn she's hot in my favorite t-shirt," I think. She gets up.

"Close your mouth," she says closing my slightly open mouth

"Ha ha you're so funny," I look at my phone to check the time. 6:45. My eyes widen. "Ava, we have to get ready and go before we're late for school."