Chapter 4

January, 5

Audrey woke up as Dean pulled into sonic, not remembering how or when she fell asleep. Wiping the drool from her cheek, she turned her head to see her sister silently giggling.

"I'm glad that you finally got some sleep" Dean said, sounding somewhat worried.

"It is a 30 minute drive to town, and I left my phone at the house. What else was I suppose to do,"Audrey said. She was slightly embarrassed that her brother was aware of her recent sleep problems.  She made a mental note to start taking more melatonin.

"A, Dean and I had the best jam session, and we took the funniest picture of you sleeping," Abigale remarked with a giggle.

Abigale turned her phone towards Audrey, showing her the photo. Audrey studied her face, looking at her smooshed face that was leaned against the window, and the slight drool leaving her mouth.  Audrey had to admit that the photo was hilarious.

Audrey scanned her eyes across the Sonic parking lot, looking at the amount of people that were there when she felt her heart stopped.

No way! Audrey thought, doing a double take.
She glanced at the tall boy, with dark brown hair.

Is that him? Audrey asked herself.

She wasn't sure until the boy turned around, most likely feeling someone staring at him. It suddenly felt like she couldn't breathe, unable to take her eyes of his.

He smirked at her, remembering the night they shared. Audrey unable to think, forced her eyes off of his and put her attention on the order menu.

Dean was looking between the two, watching the strange exchange.

Why does she look so shocked? Dean thought to himself.

Why am I so unlucky? What was the chance that we would be at the same place at the same time? Audrey asked herself, trying not to panic.

"Dean can we go somew-" Audrey tried to quietly ask her brother.

"BYRON!" Dean yelled, not hearing Audrey's desperate plea.

She watched Byron walk over to the jeep, noticing his lean muscular build. Byron looked at her with a smirk, noticing her stares. Audrey quickly diverted her eyes.

Dean jumped out of his jeep, literally. They met in the middle and did some weird handshake that boys do.

Audrey sunk down in her seat, embarrassed by the boys antics, while praying that nobody associated her and Abigale to the two idiots.

Dean glanced over at Audrey, remembering the weird exchange that was shared between her and Byron.

"Don't do it, don't do it" Audrey silently pleaded in her head, hoping Dean heard it. Dean spoke up, with a smirk, as if he could read his sisters thoughts.

"Audrey do you know Byron. He just moved to our school at the beginning of the school year?" Dean said, not knowing why there was tension between them, but enjoying his little sister look uncomfortable.

"We've met" Byron said, Audrey noticing the corner of his lips lift up slightly. She almost choked when she saw his dimple.

"You did? When?" Dean asked curiously.

"Don't worry dude, we met at Grant's party a few months back," he said, unbothered by the fact that they had sex that night.

"You told me you weren't going to Grant's party Audrey!" Abigale said suddenly, pulling Audrey out of a daze she wasn't aware she was in.

"Oh and that's Abigale" Dean said almost forgetting his youngest sister because he was on a mission to make Audrey uncomfortable.

"What did you say squirt?"Dean asked curiously, remembering her small voice speak up.

"Audrey told me she wasn't going to Grant's party, but i knew she was lying!" She said proudly.

As Dean and Byron chatted, Audrey couldn't help but look at Byron.

Audrey who was more than relieved when the waiter came out with their food, she needed a distraction from Byron's blue eyes.

"The foods here Dean!" She said loudly, trying to get the boys to stop talking to each other. The boys said their goodbyes after a minute.

"See you around Audrey," Byron said, with an underlying tone that only Audrey heard.

Audrey felt her cheeks heat up. She gave her best smile, looking slightly uncomfortable.

Her brother got back into the jeep, looking at Audrey with a curious stare. Audrey avoided his gaze, watching as he reversed from the parking lot.

She felt like she could finally breathe again when they left Sonic. Audrey got lost in her thoughts throughout their drive back to the house, unable to fall asleep again.

When they arrived home, Audrey got her food and said a short good bye to her siblings, ignoring their questioning glances. They noticed how quiet she was on the drive back.

She went into her bathroom and put two melatonin in her mouth, hoping it was bad for the baby. She ignored the never ending thoughts in her head, and went straight to bed, the melatonin doing their job.

............................................................
Liking the book? Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow so you can be notified when we post. We post as much as we can and due to Corona-19 we will be posting a lot since we have a good bit of extra time. Stay safe, Love ya