Chapter 13

^^^ Above is Byron's Snapchat Story!!

January, 10

Shivering as she walked toward the high school, Audrey found herself looking for Byron. Her mind has been constantly filled with his face... not that she was complaining.

"What are the odds that the Byron Rivers is at your house on the first snow day Mississippi has seen in years?" Stevie sarcastically asked, scaring Audrey as she began walking beside her.

What the hell, how could Stevie know about that. She racked her mind for any clue that Stevie could have possibly seen to know that Byron was with her.

"Wait, how do you know about that?" Audrey asked, remembering Stevie's ability to stalk people. She will never forget the time that she thought someone was breaking in through her window, only to see Stevie's platinum hair.

Apparently, Stevie was trying to see if Audrey had gone to a party without her. So, she would certainly not be surprised if Stevie had stalked her.

"Um... the picture he posted of you on his story" her friend said, looking at Audrey like she was dumb.

"The what?" Audrey squeaked.

"The picture of you in the snow... have you not seen it?"

"No I haven't," Audrey said, confusion lacing her voice. She grabbed Stevie's phone from her hand, unlocking it. She clicked on Snapchat and searched Byron's name. Clicking on his story, a smile began to appear on her face.

It was a picture of Audrey attempting to do a handstand in the snow. She was telling Byron that she was once a cheerleader and to prove it, she did a handstand.

It was not much of a handstand. She was putting all of her weight on her head, and her legs were not straight. However, Byron applauded her like she was the best gymnast.

"Oh no!" Stevie yelled, sounding worried.

"What?"

"Audrey Jennings! Do you actually like a boy?" Stevie asked eagerly. As long as she could remember, Audrey had never taken interest in a boy. Sure she slept with them, but that was only for her own needs.

"Okay yes, but do not say a word," Audrey warned.

Stevie zipped her lips and threw away the key, a thing the best friends did to show that their secrets would be kept.

The two walked through the halls, arms locked together. People almost parted for them. The two had always been best friends, never letting their small circle open. It had always been like this throughout their school years. They were simply respected.

They split ways to go to their separate classes. Audrey had her head held high like always, oozing confidence. Maybe this was why the two girls were admired, they were confident.

She scanned her eyes across the classroom, locking eyes with Byron. Her heart skipped a beat as she slid into her usual seat.

She turned around to face the boy, looking at his mouth. He was smirking at her.

"Why did you not tell me that you posted a picture of me?"