Chapter 25

January 23rd

"Stevie do not open this door under any circumstances, or you will not be the godmother of this baby."

Stevie rolled her eyes playfully. The two girls had just arrived to school, and Audrey was changing clothes. Just thinking about going to school dressed in a pantsuit made Audrey feel sick. Dean would never let her live it down.

"Steve, you need an SUV. I think I have a concussion from hitting my head on the roof of this car." Audrey rubbed her head tenderly.

"I'll give you more than a concussion if you don't hurry up A. I'm starving, and it's lunch right now."

Audrey quickly finished getting dressed. The chocolate chip cookies were calling her name. She scrambled out of the back seat, adjusting her ruffled appearance.

Stevie interlocked her arm with Audrey's. The two made their way to lunch at a fast pace, trying to get there before the cookies were sold out.

As soon as Audrey entered, her eyes gravitated towards Byron. What is in his hand? Her eyes narrowed at him. She stomped her way to him.

Byron looked up quickly, feeling the penetrating stare of Audrey. Why is she glaring at me like that? He soon came to realization when he realized what was in his hand.

Over the past week or so, Audrey has been obsessed with cookies from the cafeteria. So, Byron or Dean had always made sure to get her a cookie. Maybe it was the hormones, but Audrey gets very hangry if she doesn't get a cookie.

"I got you a cookie," Byron quickly spat out.

Audrey's eyes softened quickly. He still thought about me when I wasn't here. He handed her a cookie from his pocket carefully.

She smiled softly at him, her whole mood changing entirely. She devoured the cookie quickly, feeling satisfaction.

"So, um... where did you go?" Byron asked curiously. He asked Dean, but he had no idea either.

Audrey's eyes widened. Her and Stevie had agreed to tell everyone the news all together. They were all aware that Audrey was continuing the adoption process, and she wanted them to find out in a special way.

"We just had an errand to run," Stevie confirmed. Audrey nodded her head in agreement.

Dean and Byron looked at each other suspiciously. The two girls were definitely hiding something.

Audrey cleared her throat. "So, we are all having a dinner at Liz's tonight. Everyone has to come, no exceptions."

Byron looked at her confusingly. Liz hadn't mentioned a dinner this morning. He wasn't complaining though. In ten days, he has managed to get Audrey to stop giving him the silent treatment. They event spent the afternoon together yesterday.

Audrey had texted Liz on the way to school to see if it was okay to have a dinner with everyone. Of course Liz agreed. She loved company.

School dragged on slowly. It seemed like time was teasing her. She couldn't wait to tell everyone the news.

                                *****

"A, what should I wear to this thing," Dean asked.

"Wear that shirt I got you for Christmas," Audrey offered.

She slipped the dress over her head, trying to ignore her nerves. She knew everyone would be excited, but telling them would confirm the news. She was going to raise a baby with Byron.

The bump was barely visible through her dress. She was hoping she would be moved out of the house before she told her parents. Dean has said that he had found a potential house for all of them to live in.