Chapter 21

*****

January, 13

As Stevie parked the car, Audrey aggressively slurped her smoothie. After their singing session, the two went to Stevie's house to get ready for school.

In all honesty, Audrey felt like she got ran over by a train. Being pregnant was exhausting, and she felt like she was always upset about something. Maybe this is why she wore Byron's shirt to school. She wanted him near, even if it wasn't physically.

She felt like throwing up when she saw Byron's truck parked right beside theirs. She did not want to think about him, but that was obviously not going to happen.

Thank you Lord for not making my day difficult, she thought sarcastically as she watched her brother pull up on the other side of Stevie's car. Audrey was certain that the two boys had planned to trap her between them. Guess what? It's not going to work.

Audrey nodded at Stevie, signaling to get out of the car. She put the backpack over one shoulder, gripping the handle for support. She glared at Dean as she walked passed. She was not acknowledging his presence until he apologized. Was it childish? Yes. Did she care? Absolutely not.

Maybe Audrey was acting prudish, but she was certain that it was for a good cause. She hated being lied to.

"I'm guessing that you haven't talked to Dean." Stevie observes the two siblings carefully. Every. Single. Time. That the siblings got into a fight, they would ignore each other. The silent treatment would only last for a few hours before they will get into a fight.

"You would be correct," Audrey stated matter of factly.

Stevie rolled her eyes. "This is childish."

"You know what's childish is keeping secret from me. I'm the one carrying the baby, therefore I believe that I should get a say so."

"I agree with you there. But you need to see where they are coming from. They don't want you to give this baby away. All of us are willing to help give it a wonderful life. Why would you want to jeopardize that?"

The two walked together to their lockers. They talked in hushed voices, not wanting anyone to overhear them.

"Do you want to know the truth? My entire life, my mom told me that we ruined her life. She made our lives living hell because of it. I'm so scared that will happen to me. I can't do that to an innocent baby."

"Audrey, you will never be anything like your mother. EVER. But i'll support you no matter what you choose."

Audrey was beyond thankful for Stevie. She would always have her no matter what. The two split ways, as they went to class.

Walking into home room, Audrey avoid Byron's eyes as she sat in her normal seat in front of him. She could feel his eyes on the back of her head.

"You can keep that shirt. It looks better on you than it ever did on me."

Byron in all honesty did not care about the shirt. He just wanted an excuse to talk to her. He did not get much sleep after she left, stressed about Audrey.

She turned around and smiled at him, not trusting her voice to say thank you. She has been an emotional wreck due to her hormones. Audrey definitely did not want to cry in class.

"Are you okay?" Byron asked, concern lacing his voice. He noticed the dark circles under her eyes.

"I'm just fine. Thanks for asking," Audrey snapped, before turning around. She was not exactly sure why she was so rude.

"Sheesh," Byron muttered behind her. Audrey smirked, glad to know her attitude had an effect on him.

                                     ********

The day was as long as always. Audrey honestly could not wait until she graduated. She walked towards Stevie's car, not wanting to face her brother.

She noticed that her little sister was leaning against Stevie's car, talking to her phone.

"What are you doing Abby?"

Abigail quickly shut off her phone. "Nothing important," she remarked suddenly.

Audrey shrugged it off, not really caring enough to interrogate her.

"Can I ride with y'all? I honestly don't feel like hearing Dean rant about the baby anymore."

Audrey rolled her eyes. She was not surprised that Dean was ranting to Abigail. Audrey had been a victim to Dean's rants several times. Each time, she felt like throwing herself out of the car. Dean could definitely talk to a wall.

"Yeah, I don't care. Just texted Dean and tell him."

"A, you really need to talk to him. I really hate when y'all are fighting." Abigail gave her best puppy dog eyes, hoping that Audrey would give in.

"Those eyes are not going to work on me. He has to apologize to me first. Period."

Abigail's shoulders sagged. Audrey was always the difficult sibling. Why couldn't she be forgiving?

"Stevie do not even say anything," She said as Stevie unlocked the car. The three girls settled in. "Y'all can have an opinion when you have to push a watermelon out of you."

The three girls all sat in silence, before Abigail began laughing. Before long, they all had bursted into laughter. Nothing was really funny. Abigail's laugh was just so bad. It always started by sounding like a spray bottle, and then the wheezing began. Her laugh was contagious. Audrey looked down at her phone, as she felt her it vibrate.

Susan: it was hard to get you a new appointment, but I managed to get you one. You better double think before you cancel another adoption meeting. It's the 23rd at 3:00. DONT BE LATE.

Audrey let out a sigh. She just hoped that this was best for the baby. Turning off her phone off, she looked at her sister.

Audrey turned around to look at her little sister. "So what did you do in school today?"She just needed a distraction, as always.

************************************************
We hope you liked this chapter!!! We love to hear what you guys have to say. Don't forget to comment and vote;)
                                           -phe and joe