Chapter 18

^^^ Byron's house. It's warm like Aunt Liz.

*****

January 11th

"Audrey you didn't tell me you were going out," Audrey's mom said with a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm sorry mom I forgot,"Audrey said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. It's not like she ever tells them where she's going.

"I'm Pastor Jennings, Audrey's father." Audrey's dad stuck his hand out for Byron to shake. Byron accepted politely, noticing the tight grip the man held. He could practically feel the tension between the three of them.

"Audrey honey, I don't think it's a good night to go out." Audrey's mother put on her biggest smile, though her eyes were sending daggers at her daughter.

"That's weird because I think it's the perfect night to go out," Audrey snapped. She heard Byron suck in a deep breath from behind her.

She turned around to look at Byron, "Can you please go to the truck, I'll be there in a minute." Byron gladly walked out of the house, not feeling like Audrey was giving him much of a choice.

"We are the adults here, and we are telling you that you cannot go out tonight," Audrey's mom remarked.

Audrey giggled, looking around the room. She was really trying to stay calm. "That's funny mother because you have never really seemed to care where i'm at until now," Audrey raised her eyebrow in question.

"I'm not having this discussion with you. You are not going." Audrey scoffed.

"That's rich coming from you. I'm going because I do not have an ounce of respect for either of you. You don't want me to go because i'll finally be happy..." Audrey could feel tears leaking from her eyes, she blinked the tears away angrily.

"You hear that Byron? My mother's a cold hearted bitch," Audrey yelled at the door.

She turned to her mother quickly, seeing the nervousness cross her face. "What mother? Are you afraid that people will see how bitter you are? How a 'man of God' beats his family? How your perfect daughter is a mess. How your kids have had to raise each other. Huh, tell me! TELL ME!" Audrey was in her mother's face now, daring her to say something.

"That's enough," Audrey's dad said, glaring at his daughter.

"You will not be in my house, and yell at us like this!"

Audrey laughed sarcastically. Looking at the sorry excuse of a man. "It's not fair."

"What did you just say?"

Audrey raised her chin defiantly. "I said that it's. not. fair. Honestly, I'm tired. I'm tired of pretending that i'm not falling apart. You tell me not be disrespectful, but you beat your family. You both are so hypocritical. You literally stand on the alter and preach about how to be a good person. It's so funny because you're the one person I hate the most. I hope you burn in Hell!"

She stormed out the door, not before glancing up the stairs at her siblings. They both held proud looks, and she smiled up at them.

She walked out of the house with her head held high. Byron watched her proudly. He heard every word. Let's just say, Audrey has a loud mouth.

She climbed into the tall truck, grunting on the way up. She noticedByron's smirk. "Why is this truck so damn tall?"

"You're just short," Byron remarked.