Chapter 5 Lisa & I

After school, Carlos and Michael head to basketball tryouts and I take Carlos's car to work. Michael offered to take him to pass by his car after.

In the school's gym, Michael and Carlos are stretching with the rest of the team. Michael looks at Carlos and wonders if he ever had a girlfriend since he heard from Larry, his science partner, that Carlos and Lisa are inseparable since freshman year.

"Hey Carlos, can I ask you something?"

"Is it about Lisa?"

Michael chuckles, "No, it's about you."

"What's up?"

"Have you ever had a girl? Since you know you and Lisa have always been together... as friends."

"Oh, yeah well I did have a girlfriend in freshman year."

"What do you mean you did? What happened?"

"I guess she got jealous about Lisa and I. Or she hated seeing me hang out with her since she wasn't cool I guess. So she made me choose. You want to know who I chose?"

Michael just nodded because he knew who he chose.

"So that's it."

"Yeah, that's it."

"Why? Do you like Lisa or something?"

"Nah man, I just haven't met anyone, you know?"

Michael nods because he really does get him. Michael did have a girlfriend in the sophomore year but he only went out with her because she had asked him out. He really hasn't met anyone he is interested in. 

Until now.