Chapter 15 You will remember soon

It's been a full month now when the doctor finally announces that it will be my last night at the hospital.

"Doctor?" I ask. "Yes, Lisa." He stops by the door before he exits. "Why did my head hurt yesterday.. or whenever I woke up?"

He smiles. "Lisa your head will continue to hurt this way because you're getting your memory back." He reveals to me.

"Wait for what?" He comes closer to me. "When you were asleep, you kept mumbling 'Michael'. Don't you remember who he is?"

He waits for an answer. I think about him and a motion view of him picking my papers up from the floor and helping me up comes vivid into my mind. "Not really," I admit.

"Don't worry. Little by little you will have your memory back." He leaves.

The next day my mother and my grandma came by to drop me off clothes and then to take me home. I wear the dress Michael got me instead. We arrive at my grandma's house and her place is dark. I turn on the lights and I hear, "Welcome Home Lisa!" I scan the room and it's packed with unfamiliar faces. Of course. They all introduce who they are to me. Some say they are my cousins, my aunts, uncle, and grandpa. I spot three familiar faces behind my family: Carlos, Amber, and Michael. They rush to me and hug me.

"Hi, guys," I tell them to be friendly. Somehow they are my friends and I picked them for a reason.

They all tell me hello back and Michael comes in closer to me.

"You look beautiful." He comments.

I look down at the dress. "Thanks."

"There's an old friend here to see you," he tells me

He gestures his hand behind me and I follow it. I spot a girl who has light skin, red hair and is short.

"Hello Lisa," she says. "I'm Anna." She sticks out a hand and I hold it.

"Anna," I say to myself as I tear up. She comes in for a hug. I don't remember her but seeing her now gives me a sense of happiness.

"I'm sorry. Why do I miss you?" I ask her.

"I was an old friend back at Rogers Middle School. We separated after middle school because your mother sent you to a rich school and I got stuck going to a public school. They were too far away for us to stay connected. But Michael came and found me. He told me what happened and I wanted to come to see you."

I turn around to face Michael.

"How do you know?" I ask him.

"Your mother told me how big of help she would be," he briefly explained.

I hug him, thank him, and kiss him on the cheek. As I release from the hug, he holds me tighter. I clear my throat.

"Sorry," he says. "Just miss you."

I smile and turn my attention back to Anna. "Come on, I want to hear our memories."

We sit on the couch in the living room and she tells me every concert, underground clubs, sports, and school programs we attended.

"There was this one time, a guy had asked you to dance at an underground club we attended across town and when you took his hand and stood up, you totally forgot you laid your drink on your lap so it spilled on him!" I laugh at Anna's remark. At times I do remember some events she reminisces but sometimes the memory is blurry.

"I wish I could remember all this," I admit. She takes my hand in hers.

"You will be okay? Just be patient." As she says this to me, my mother comes.