Chapter 19 Avoid them

The whole week I avoided them. I did my best to catch up in my classes and after school, I headed to work and asked Mr. Williams for rides home. Every day, after school, Michael would go to the library and do his homework at a desk near me. Then after work, he would knock on my door asking for me but I told my mom that I didn't want to see anyone so she sent him off. I would also get calls from Carlos but my mom got the idea and told him that I wasn't feeling good to call another time.

Friday finally arrived. I'm watching a movie in the living room with my mom when there was a knock at my door. My mom opened it and I didn't hear a guy's voice.

"Hunny it's Amber." my mom tells me. I stand up and head to the door.

"Mother, I am going for a walk." I grab my coat and close the door.

"Hi Lisa," Amber says as I step outside.

"Hey, Amber." I am not avoiding her. I was watching a show with my mom about two best friends running away together when I got a vision about Amber and I having fun at the theaters. Maybe she's my best friend.

"How are you?" She asks me.

"I'm fine. I've got some memories back." I let her know.

"That's great, like what?" she asks. I tell her all of it except the one where Carlos kissed me because I remember she told me she was dating him.

"You know... they miss you." She mentions.

"I miss them too," I admit.

"I can't get Carlos to eat. He drags himself every day to work. And Michael is just a wreck. He comes to visit Carlos every day and they just weep about you." she adds.

"Maybe I should stop ignoring them," I admit.

"Yeah... if you continue, I think they're just going to fall apart," she predicts.