LONELY- 1

"Shadow!" A blue hedgehog called out, as he walked through the woods. Sonic was currently looking for Shadow, why you may ask? Well no one has seen Shadow for the last six weeks, and everyone's starting to worry.

Shadow isn't always around, he likes to be by himself most times, but he's never been away for this long. Rouge had asked Sonic to go out and look for Shadow, worried that her friend could be in danger. Sonic agreed to look, wanting to make sure his rival was okay, and worried about him as well.

"If I was Shadow The Hedgehog, where would I be?" Sonic thought to him self, as he continued walking through the forest. Sonic knew Shadow usually hung around this forest, seeing Shadow here before as Sonic went out for a jog one day.

Sonic would of check Shadows house to see if he was home, if he knew exactly where he had lived. Shadow had never told anyone where he had lived. Even if Rouge has begged him, he still kept a stern face and shook his head, refusing to say a location.

Sonic started to lose hope, until he seen one of Shadows quills laying on the dirt of the forest. "He's gotta be near by." Sonic spoke to himself, as he continued walking, following the trail of quills Shadow must have left behind.

Sonic stopped waking, noticing a ripped glove on the ground. His heart skipped a beat, seeing some blood on the glove. "No..." Sonic mumbled to himself, as he ran to the glove. He picked up the glove and examined it. "The blood seems fresh." Sonic thought to himself, as he kept the glove with him, and continued searching the forest, ignoring the negative thoughts the swarmed his brain.

Sonic accidentally tripped over something, landing face first into the dirt. He grumbled to himself as he wiped off the dirt and grass off his face, then looked to see what he tripped on, and gasps. "Shadow!" Sonic yelled, as looked at the other hedgehog that was laying unconscious.

Sonic made sure Shadow was still breathing, and sighed in relief when he still was. Sonic noticed Shadow had a few scars on his arms, and fresh cuts, he started to wonder how he have even gotten into this state. Sonic picked Shadow up, throwing him over his shoulder, and ran back to his house so Tails could check on Shadow.

"Tails! Im back! I found Shadow!" Sonic yelled as he dashed into the house, and put the unconscious hedgehog on the couch.

Tails ran out from his lab and gasped seeing the state Shadow was in. "What happened?" Tails asked, as he looked at the ebony hedgehog.

"I'm not for sure, I just found him in the middle of the woods." Sonic replied.

Tails nodded and got his first aid kit, and started banging Shadows cuts so they wouldn't get infected. "Sonic, if I'm being honest with you, these cuts look like they've came from a blade, more then from being attacked by a wild animal." Tails said, as he finishing bandaging up Shadows cuts.

Sonic raised his brow slightly. "What are you implying Tails?" Sonic asked, as he stared at the unconscious hedgehog.

"Could it be possible that Shadows done this to himself? I mean let's face the facts, he's never told us where he lives, which could mean he's homeless. He's always in that forest, always able to be found there, probably because that's where he sleeps at night. And he's never happy, which could be why he's hurting himself. If you think about it, Shadow could be suffering from depression." Tails said with a small sigh, looking down at the ebony hedgehog.

Sonics eyes widened, realizing Tails could possibly be right. "I can't believe we've never noticed." Sonic spoke, a bit upset with himself for not realizing.

Tails looked back at the blue hedgehog. "I'm only assuming things Sonic, I'm not for sure. He could have just been attacked." Tails said with a slight shrug.

"I guess." Sonic spoke with a sigh. "When do you think he will be awake?" Sonic asked, as he looked back to the fox with two tails.

Tails thought for a moment, "I'd say soon, depending on how long he's been unconscious for." Tails said, as he looked at the unconscious hedgehog.

Sonic nodded, as he looked back down at Shadow, hoping he was okay.