Chapter 2

9 years old

As i slowly climbed out of the abandoned factory I looked around the streets as I saw a man passing as I quickly stole a card poking out his pocket as I ran with him soon chasing after me

As i ducked and dived through all the holes I eventually hid behind a dumpster where he ran past me towards the main streets.
I've been here for a while. I know these streets.

As i looked at the card I was upset it wasn't a money based card but a hero identification card. Useless.

As i pocketed it to see if it was sellable at the black market in the sewers I kept an eye out for any easy picks.

As i sat down I heard a group of what looked like highschool girls stop next to the donut store next to me on the corner.

Did you hear tomorrow is the 1 year mourning.
Its awful what happened. 7 children killed and one corpse missing.
Why does it matter. We didn't know any of them.
Their mother was your weed supplier.

As they kept talking the stories I heard was always wrong. Mother didn't do anything like that... She wasn't there for us and had men over but she never abused us. Not the way people describe it anyways.

As i started climbing back into the factory I felt someone grab my ankle as I screamed activating my quirk as they looked at me in shock.

?: That was loud. Extremely loud. Would have busted a normal person's hearing.

As i glared at him he held his hand out as i gave him his stupid card back as I kicked him as he dropped me and I scurried quick through the small hole.

?: I'm not leaving till I know how you screamed that loudly.
...
..
.
Me: It's a quirk. Are you retarded!?
?: I meant who's your parents. That quirk is somewhat like mine with volume.
Me: It's none of your fucking business you old bastards. Go save some people in need. The people who'll get you on the cameras.
?: We do try and help those in the dark. But their not easy to find. And harder to tell the difference between the criminals those who want to be evil and those who want saving. Especially in places like this.
Me: I don't... I use to need help but no saved me. I've been one for a while. Taking care of others when the woman who was meant to couldn't. Eventually it became me.... Just me.

I looked up as I saw a window smash as he jumped through. Cuts over his face as he crouched in front of me.

Him: Well then. You have a hero. It's yourself. Your strong and resistant to the cruel world. So how about I save you now?

His pov

I looked around slowly at this place as she began crying.

I could see it had been her home for a while

As i leant down I tried to pick her up as she slapped me away.

Girl: Don't touch me! I don't need a hero!
Me: What you need is a home. And a medical check.
...
Girl: I've never need a Dr or hospital before and I sure as he'll don't now. Go away.
Me: I have 2 options come willingly or be taken by force as a theif. A criminal.

She instantly placed on some earphones as she opened her mouth screaming at me louder and higher pitched than I could ever do.

I had to cover my ears as she took them off seeing I was still standing clearly shocked her as I screamed back startling her.

She pointed to my throat and hers.

Me: I said they were similar. Now come on.

She got up grabbing a severely ripped and stained bunny teddy as she followed me but not near me.

As we got in the hospital she started shaking as she slowly started walking backwards.

Nurse: Present mic? Injured yourself again?
Me: No. Can you have someone inspect this girl. She's been on the streets.

As the nurse sent a Dr we watched as she freaked out and got to her knees and tucked her head in.
The nurse left me as they ran to the girl.

Nurse: Hey, you alright sweetie?
Girl: P.. Please don't inject me! Not again. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me.

Those words resounded through the whole place. This small girl acted tougher than she should. But she was scared. Scared of the whole world.

3 days later

I was sat at the radio station as my phone went off from a private number as I picked it up.

Me: Hello?
Nurse: Mic the results are done and... We did some blood work. We need you to come and sign all the papers and we can tell you about her all the medical issues we have found.
Me: Can't you contact one of her parents.
Nurse: Her mother's dead... And her blood work it shows who the father is...
Me:  Are they a bad guy or something?
Nurse: She's your daughter mic. It shows a match to you.

She's your missing daughter.