Chapter 11

The sport festival starts tomorrow and despite being in pain I told aizawa I was fine to compete.
Evey step I took felt like I was being stabbed.

As i walked downstairs I grabbed onto the railing for life as I crouched on the empty staircase clutching my ribs in pain.

?: A... Are you... Alright?!

The person sat beside me as I looked at them.

Me: You've got a few bandages

He seemed shocked by my statement as he tried thinking of what to say but decided to nod in agreement.

Me: Mine are all from the USJ. But I don't wanna miss the sports festival.
?: This is... my last time.

I looked at him as I realised he must have been a 3rd year. He'd probably go tell someone so I couldn't compete.

Me: I want to be better than a few idiots in my class. And I can't do that in a hospital all the time. I've been there long enough.
? : But... You wouldn't want to end up their... Again... Especially if your not... Yknow... Ready.

I looked at him as I sighed.

Me: are you gonna snitch.

He shook his head as I looked at the roof.

Me: You look familiar but I can't place my finger in it. Father probably mentioned you or something.

The day of the festival

I was sat in the changing room waiting for everyone to leave before changing. As I took my shirt off and my bandages needed changing as they were covered in blood and made the tighter to hopefully reduce the pain by limiting the movement.

As i finished changing I met the class about to leave as we walked onto the field with the announcements blaring.

As we were walking onto the field my ribs started to hurt as I instinctively grabbed them to somehow pretend it helps.

Bakugou: Are you still injured?!

A few people looked as he asked as I quickly put my arms down.

Me: No. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to compete. Father wouldn't have allowed me ever.

As we got to the middle of the stadium people watched as I was gritting my teeth to avoid crying from the pain.

It felt like me chest was collapsing inwards and I stumped my toe on a corner 12 times.

As we listened to bakugou give his shit declaration that was meant to be a speech I suddenly remembered why I hated him sometimes.

As everyone began lining up i did not push or force my way to the front. I waited at the back as I saw hitoshi controlling people to carry him.