Chapter 14

I was stood in the mirror as I looked at the outfit smiling.

As i packed my uniform away I left the changing room bumping into sero.

Sero: Woah were are you going so dressed up?!

He wriggled his eye brows in that way.

Me: it's not a date or anything. I'm meeting hawks the man I'm interning with.
Sero: Your so lame! Dressed like that you'd have thought it was a fancy date. Shame.

I laughed as he left and I got to the gates where everyone was looking at me as I met the man himself.

Hawks: I said dress nice not dress fancy

Me: Yes but I saw that it's also a place for the rich and famous exclusively and I'd rather go over board than not enough.

He nodded as he walked up ducking down and lifting me up. Practically carrying me as he started lifting off the ground as I clutched his jacket as he began flying.
I'd always hated heights after an incident and kept my eyes shut as he laughed at my reaction as we landed.

We walked in as the sat us at a table as I saw an empty grand piano.

Me: I'm sorry but does the piano work?

The waitress looked at me as she nodded after hesitantly thinking.

Me: I know this must be a weird request but would I be able to play a song?

She told me to wait as she checked with her boss who allowed me as I sat down and slowly traced my fingers against the keys.
I could feel the longing in them. The emptiness they felt. It's clear it hadn't been used in many years.
As i saw a few people ready to record I decided to sing a song from my heart. A song I had longed to sing.

As i slowly sang I saw mouths dropping and people staring. I use to love singing before my dad used it for money.

I slowly finished as everyone erupted into clapping and several of them asked for photos.

As i sat down my phone started going off at an alarming rate.

I was shocked. It had already gotten millions of retweets, comments and likes and my own account had absolutely blown up with new followers. It was even being retweeted by big music companies asking to meet me.

As i looked at my own account I cried. The difference between numbers.

Id have never thought it was possible

Id have never thought it was possible. Was it my voice or hawks.
I didn't care as much. My love for music was being seen as I smiled at him as we placed our starters order as he laughed.

Hawks: That's so cute. Your absolutely radiating a happy hue.
Me: I loved music it saved me from alot of dark places in my mind. My dad exploited it for money and I felt betrayed. To see people love it when I pour my emotions into it is all I could ask for.

He looked at me as he sighed.

Hawks: Did he force you into heroics?

I was slightly taken aback by his bluntness but I looked away from him.

Me: Ye reccomended it but it was my choice overall. My friends went to to support as it's what they actually want. Everyone has their reasons but I have none.
Hawks: Why not be a singer and model. You'd still be rich and famous.
Me: I don't want to sing for money. I never have. It's my sanctuary and life. I don't wanna abuse it.

Hawks: Then why heroics. I saw the way you thought in that arena. I saw the blood in the first round. You suffered through alot of pain if people saw your face they'd have seen it like I did. You don't fight that hard unless you have a reason.
Me: There's a man. I want to deliver justice. I want to make him suffer like he made me but that's not heroic so I'd have to settle for prison. I'd like to be the one to arrest him.
Hawks: Oh?
Me: It's all in the past quiet literally. It's been a few years but he haunts my sleep.
Hawks: I do not know anything that happened and I don't have to. But if you wanted na adult to confine in i will listen. I might even be able to relate.

I watched as he showed me an image of a homeless boy with blonde scruffy hair and red wings.

Hawks: I might be someone who can honestly and actually relate to you.

I looked at him as I nodded.

Hawks: But I also want to know. Once you've taken this man down, do you still want to be a hero. Or is it all about vengeance.

I leaned back in my seat as I thought about it.
Me: Its not like anything else appeals to me career wise. I'd have enough to never work again, from dad and money I saved from previous job's to have a decent life.
Hawks: Then why not.
Me: I've never been able to just relax. Everyday I need to do something.

As the food came out I whispered into the waitresses ear as she took the food and left.

Hawks looked at me as he didn't eat

Me: Please go ahead and eat. It's on me.
Hawks: aren't you going to eat?
Me: I don't eat food made by others. Ever.
He shrugged his shoulders as he began eating.

I watched somewhat disgusted by the way he ate so uncivilised with the chicken wings as sauce was getting across all his fingers.

I excused myself as I went to kitchen where I was greeted by the chefs as they had prepared the ingredients I asked for as I started making my main as I put it on to stew as I waited seeing hawks from the kitchens open front as he turned and saw me completely shocked.

The waitress went and collected his started plate as I put mine and his main on a tray and took it to the table thanking the staff for letting me cook as I sat down.

Hawks: That's surprising.
Me: I am going to eat. But like I said. My own food.

As the rest of the night passed I thanked him as he handed me him number and flew me home.

He definitely seemed like a decent person.