Chapter 1

A/N
This is a sequel to my first story gang leaders girl. You don't really need to read the first one but to know the other characters it's best to do it. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Cora's POV

"Happy birthday baby girl," my dad gave me a warm smile and a bear hug. "Thanks dad," I sighed. "I know, I wish she was here as well," my dad rubbed my back. "I have to get to school. I'll see you later," I pulled back then walked away. I'm Cora West, I live with my dad as my mum left us when I was 4. Today is my 16 birthday. I hated my birthday, it was something that I never appealed to ever since my mum left. It was like she was there one minute then gone the next. The only person really there for me was my dad. Of course I had friends but they weren't exactly the best group. I'm my school there's ranks. Popular people were the students that had money, all the people in the group I hung around with all had money because of their parents. My dad owned one of the fanciest restaurants in London. It brings in a lot of money therefore I have a lot of money in my family. My boyfriend Blake is the best football (soccer) player in school. His parents own the Fulham football stadium and they are a well known football team in England and a lot of people pay to watch them play. So in my school I hang around with the people that have a lot of money. Unlike me, everyone relies on their parents money, me? I work in a small diner that is a favourite for the students that don't have a lot of money. I like it there, Blake always tells me to quit because I have the money from my dad and I will be with him so I don't need to worry about things. The truth is, is that I wanted to work for things myself and not rely so much on other. The pay is decent and I love working there, there's just one small problem.

"Hey babe," Blake greets me with a smile. "Hey," I give one back. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Nothing, just not feeling it today," I replied. "You sure," Blake looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Yeah, just a lot going on at the moment," I sighed. Since I started secondary school I had become depressed. In year nine when I got with Blake, there was a small light that made me feel better but it never truly left. I always put a smile on my face to tell others that I was ok and they didn't need to ask questions. "Let's head time class," Blake snaked his arm around my waist and we started walking. Down the corridor Blake's football friends joined us. Like usual, Blake ignored me and laughed and joked with his mates. "Hey look it's jace, what injuries have you got this time weakling?" Bobbie one of the football players look at him. All the boys started laughing, I on the other hand gave jace a sympathetic look. I hated it when they would bully him. I don't even know why they do it, it's like he's a threat or something. "Guys, not cool," I shake my head. "Oh come on Cora, it's only a bit of fun. Isn't that right weakling?" Blake smiles and turns to jace. Jace slams his locker door shut and walks away. When jace leaves the corridor I glare at Blake. "How do you know he isn't going through something? What if he doesn't show up at school tomorrow because of you assholes bullying him? That's fucked up," I stated. "Babe, it's not like that, we were only trying to have a little fun," Blake put his hands on my waist. "You know I don't mean anything I say," he give me a small smile as he brings me closer to him. I can see he's just trying to stay in my good books but I can see it in his eyes that Blake doesn't mean a thing he says. He may say that he doesn't mean it but I know for a fact that Blake lies to stay on peoples good side. "I've got to get to class," I sighed and walked away. The day went by fairly quick and I had to get to the diner for my shift. "Hey babe, can you drop me off at the diner please?" I asked Blake. "Of course. Don't you want to go home first to change?" He questioned me. "I've got a change of clothes in my bag," I told him. He nodded then we headed out of the school. I saw jace talking to someone as he was leaned up against a motorcycle. "Hey weakling, why don't you get a car. Maybe you'll fit in," Blake yelled across the car park. I rolled my eyes just as the words left Blake's mouth. The person left jace and he got on his bike and left. We got in Blake's car and he took me to the diner. "Thanks for the ride," I opened the door. "Hang on a minute," Blake grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into the car. "Babe I have a shift," I laughed a little. "What about my goodbye kiss?" Blake pouted. I smiled at him then kissed him. I started off as a peck then it got deeper. I pulled away before anything could go any further. "I'll text you later," I told him. "Love you," he smiled. "Love you to," I replied. I got out of the car and went into the diner.