Chapter 29

Cora's POV

It scared me so much, to think that I lost my baby girl, it's so scary. I guess I over reacted but Arorah was so vulnerable and I still have that fear that she could be taken again. It was funny at first as I thought Arorah was in the pool or something but then jace was just stood there not doing anything. After I left jace in the kitchen, I ran up to our room and flopped on the bed. Not long after, the door opened and closed. "I don't want to see you. Get out," I grumbled. "Cora," Jace said. His voice was deep and stern. "Jace, I said get out," I stood up and glared at him. "No," was all he said. "Leave now jace," I raised my voice a little. "No," he took a step closer. "Jace I swear to god if you don't leave I will," I clenched my jaw. "Your not going anywhere," Jace muttered. "Jace I don't want to talk to you so leave," my voice started getting louder. "What have I told you about raising your voice to me," he yelled. "And I told you not to tell me what to do jace. Why can't you understand that you don't own me," I shouted back. "Your right I don't own you but your not leaving this fucking house," jace shouted. "You can't stop me. I'm not your personal puppet that you can pull around," I started getting furious with Jace. "Fuck cora. I've said sorry god knows how many times," Jace dragged a hand through his hair. "You should have fucking thought about that before you decided that you would hide our daughter and give me a panic attack," I yelled. "You drive me fucking crazy," he gripped his hair. All of a sudden, Emilio and willow burst through the door. "My office now," Emilio glared at jace. He walked out, nudging Emilio as he did. I sat on the bed and cried. "It's alright cora," willow hugged me. "He just doesn't understand. I get that it was fun and games but it scared me. I thought I lost my baby girl and wouldn't get her back," I sobbed. My voice was croaky from all the shouting and crying. "Everyone gets that. We haven't been through what you did. Every woman wants to protect their kids at all time," she huffed. "Jace would go batshit crazy if I ever did that to him. I don't get why he doesn't see that I still fear Arorah being taken again," I cried. "I get that. Now I've got beks and carter it's hard to think about losing any of them," willow sighed. "I just want to be on my own right now. Thanks willow," I smiled at her. "No problem hun," she hugged me once more before leaving again.

Jace's POV

As I stormed into Emilio's office, I couldn't help but feel bad. Cora is still sensitive about that subject. She has told me everyday that she's terrified that she will lose Arorah again. "What part of let her cool off don't you get?" Emilio shut the door and turned to me. "Unlike you Emilio, I'm not letting my partner cry on her own," I muttered. "Jace your still young. Women need time. Ask willow, she shouts at me all the time because I'm to clingy. When arguments happen and the girl walks away let her. Let cora have some time to cool down and think things through," he sighed. "I know. It was a dick move. She tells me almost everyday that she's scared Arorah will be taken again," I rubbed my eyes. "We don't understand the bond between a mother and baby. From what I can tell, it's strong. A father and baby bond is different, what us men need to do is support and help the women. Jace, Cora is strong but she still needs that reassurance. Just remember that," he nodded at me a little. "I understand. I feel like an absolute prick. I'm such a bad boyfriend," I looked down. "No your not Jace. We all have our fears, you just brought Cora's out today," Emilio replied. "Coras in the room. I think she's going to sleep for a while and cool off," willow came in. "I she alright?" I asked. "She's fine. Just give her some space for a while," she smiled and left. "Let's have a drink," Emilio sat on his chair while I was leaned against a wall. "You can sit on the sofa Jace," Emilio chuckled. "I'm good standing. Who knows what you and willow have done on that bed," I smirked. "Fair enough," he shrugged. "Dirty, dirty man," I mumbled. I walked over to him and picked up a glass of Jack Daniels. I let the liquid fall down my throat, making a burning sensation that I loved. "So tell me, what are you going to do with your future?" Emilio broke the silence. "You know what I'm going to do. I already know how to fix cars and motorbikes so I'll be good to go. I'm going to open my own garage. Get a house and settle down. A small quiet life after this," I sighed and took at sip of my drink. "Jace, do you actually want to leave?" He asked. "No," I replied. "But I'm going to. I don't think I can keep up with the gang life. I've got targets on my back and now I'm just adding to the list. Not to mention the twins and cora are apart of me so people will stoop low just to kill me," I shrugged. "Jace when I retire, I want you to take over the gang. Not beks, not Carter you," Emilio smiled at little. "I'm not a carter or a Di'Angelo. I'm not related to you by blood. Nope, I won't let it happen," I shook my head. "Jace, your like a son to me. When I almost lost you one year ago, I realised how short life really can be. I've talked to my mum and dad. I've decided that I'm going to carry on being the gang leader for 15 more years then I want to hand it down to you. You'll be old enough and carter will only be a teenager," Emilio drank a little. "What about cora, my kids and Thomas. I can't let them stay around gangs when people know about me world wide. I don't know Emilio," I sighed. "Just think about it," he said. We had a few more drinks and I decided to go see cora.

I knocked on the door but there was no answer. So me being me, I chose to go in. Cora was layed on the bed, she had tear stains on her cheeks from all the crying. I slipped off my shoes and layed next to her. As she slept, I put my hand around her waist and pulled her into my chest. "I'm sorry for over reacting," I heard cora mumble. "You don't need to apologise for anything. It's me who should. I'm sorry for doing that. I feel like a dick and I knew it's your fear. You were right when I said that I should have thought about it. I'm so sorry," I hugged her tighter. "I love you," she whispered. "I love you to," I kissed her. Cora moved so she could bury her face in my chest. She went back to sleep, after a while, Dakota brought up Kieran and Arorah and we all went to sleep on the bed. My family, I'll never let them go.