Chapter 31

Cora's POV

While Jace was gone, me, willow, Luna, Lexi and Tara was in the pool. Luna's boys all joined us, Javier taking Kieran from me and I kept hold of Arorah. "Dads," I heard Arorah. "No baby, he's gone out for a couple hours," I told her. "How long are they usually gone for?" Tara asked. Her voice was shaky so I knew she was worried about Elijah. "With Jace doing the deal, it'll be over quick. Mr ted is a man that is easily intimidated so it shouldn't take long," Emilio joined us. He hugged willow from behind and played with carter. Not long after Emilio joined us, he got a phone call. He was talking in Spanish so I guessed it was jace. "You alright babe?" Willow asked when Emilio joined us again. "Yeah. Jace is going to come back looking like a fucking psycho," he sighed. "Brilliant," I muttered. "What's going on?" Tara asked. "Well, we are all in a gang. Jace is going to kill about 30 men and Damon will be laughing about it. Elijah will be slightly scared of Jace and griffin is always stunned when he comes back from a deal with Jace," Emilio spoke quickly. "Wait I'm confused," Tara frowned. "We are all in a gang. Jace is one of my best men and does a lot of drug and weapon deals for me. The person buying the stuff lied and said that he could get the drugs and weapons but pay at a later date. So for lying to Jace's face, he will be killed and same with the other people there with them. But you are perfectly safe here," Emilio smiled. "Wow. I wasn't expecting that," she breathed out. "When I found out I was in a diner with Jace. Some asshole drove past and started shooting at us," I glared at Emilio. "Then Jace took out his gun and started shooting as well. Yeah me and jace got together that night," I shrugged. "Not to mention you got yourself pregnant at the age of 16," Lexi laughed. "What? It was good though," I smirked. "How strong are the men in this house? I mean, Jace literally pulled Elijah's bed like it weighed nothing," Tara looked surprised. "I get them to work out everyday. Even luna's boys are working on it. Other than Corey but he'll start on his 6th birthday. Same goes for Kieran when he's older and carter. But Kieran is up to cora and jace," Emilio replied. "It's should be illegal to have loads of hot guys in this house," Tara mumbled. "I agree," me, Luna, willow and Lexi said at the same time and laughed. "I better be the only one you look at willow," Emilio glared at her. "Don't get jealous baby, it's alright," willow smiled. "It's a good job your holding my son or you would have regretted that," he muttered. "You wanna go?" She smirked. "All the time baby and you know it," Emilio winked at her.

We were all laughing and joking with each other until Damon, griffin and Elijah came out to the garden. My heart sank when I didn't see Jace. Tara ran over to Elijah and kissed him. Luna did the same with Damon while griffin kissed a bottle of beer. "Where's jace?" I asked. "Babe," I heard him in the kitchen calling for me. "I'm coming," I called back. I gave Arorah to Theo while he played with Javier and Kieran. "What's wrong?" I asked when I walked into the kitchen. Jace had his back to me like he was hiding something. "Babe?" I asked. "Uh, when I was doing the deal there was crying from the warehouse. I ran in to find a man and woman dead with a little boy crying next to them. I couldn't leave him there so I did what I had to do," Jace sniffled like he was crying. "Don't tell me you killed an child Jace," I felt tears forming in my eyes. "You really think that low of me. No Cora, I picked the kid up and brought him back here," Jace moved out of the way. Sitting on a chair was a small boy, he had dirt clothes on and looked very skinny. He looked so sad, scared and confused. "He won't talk to me. I thought you could get through to him," Jace sighed. I nodded and bent down I front of the small boy. "Hello. I'm cora, that's jace. We will not hurt you I promise. Can you tell me your name?" I asked. "Mitch," he whispered. "How old are you?" I pressed on. "Three," he told me. "Would you like something to eat and drink. Then a bath?" I questioned him. Mitch nodded and looked down. "How can we look after a three year old Jace. We have Kieran and Arorah," I sighed. "I don't know. I just couldn't leave him there to die," Jace rubbed his eyes. "Go lay down babe. You look tired," I told him. "That's what killing 30 men will do to you," Jace smirked. "Alright mr strength, go get some rest," I kissed him. Jace left the kitchen and I turned back to Mitch. "What do you like to eat?" I asked him. He shrugged and kept looking at the floor. I decided to make him a sandwich with cheese in it. "Here you go," I smiled at him. Mitch started eating it but slowly. "Mitch it's ok if you don't like it. I can make you something else," I offered. "No. I've not tried anything like this before," he told me. "Have you ever been to nursery?" I looked at him. "No. My mummy and daddy did it," Mitch sighed. I left it at that. Once Mitch finished his food, I took him to my from for a bath. I filled the tub putting bubbles in it. "Why didn't my mummy and daddy wake up?" Mitch looked at with sad eyes. "I'm not sure Mitch," I told him. I couldn't exactly tell a three year old that his mum and dad got killed and would never come back. I bathed Mitch and put one of Jace's tops on him. "Well go shopping tomorrow and get you new clothes alright," I smiled down at the little boy. He nodded and yawned. "Come on," I picked him up and layed him next to jace. "Please don't leave," Mitch grabbed my hand. "I'll be downstairs if you need me. Just call me and I'll be here, I promise," I told him. He nodded then closed his eyes. I went back into the garden and got two little people running at me. "Mama," they both giggled. "Hey," I picked them up. "Dada," Arorah smiled. "He's sleeping gorgeous. He'll be down soon," I kissed her cheek. Kieran went back to Javier in the pool while Arorah went back to Theo. "What happened?" Rose asked. "Jace found a little boy. Both his parents were killed. He's laying with Jace now getting sleep," I replied.

Jace's POV

I went to bed and changed into some shorts. I didn't bother putting a top on as no one usually goes into my room other than cora and the twins. After a while, I heard cora walk in and start running the bath. "Why didn't my mummy and daddy wake up?" I heard the little boy ask. "I'm not sure Mitch," Cora sighed. Right, the kids name is Mitch and he only talks to cora. Not long after, the bed dipped slightly but I knew it wasn't cora. "Please don't leave," Mitch whispered to cora. They must have thought I was asleep. Not gonna lie, I'm a light sleeper so I can hear a lot of conversations when people don't realise it. "I'll be downstairs if you need me. Just call me and I'll be here, I promise," cora told him. The door closed and I heard quiet sniffles. I sat up and looked at a small boy on one of my tops crying. He was muttering to himself which I couldn't hear. "Are you alright?" I asked. His head snapped to me and he looked terrified. To be honest, terrified is an understatement. "It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you," I made my voice as soft as I could. "I s-saw y-you with them m-men," Mitch stuttered. "That's because they are bad people. I was only trying to keep you safe," I told him. He nodded his head but kept an eye on me. "Do you need at hug?" I asked him. Mitch hesitantly nodded, I leaned over and picked him up. I put his head on my chest and started rubbing his back. "You'll be safe here I promise," I whispered to him. Not long after, Mitch fell asleep, I slowly layed him down beside me then went to sleep myself. This kid is definitely going to change my life, for good or bad, I will look out for him.