Chapter 33

Cora's POV

Me and jace decided to take the kids to the park. Mitch was stuck to Jace's side which was cute to see. While I went back and forth pushing Kieran and Arorah in the baby swings, Jace was running around with Mitch. It was a good feeling hearing Mitch laugh, I felt like a proud mum looking at her beautiful son and amazing partner. There was no words to describe how happy I was. "Cute kid's," I voice spoke up behind me. I turned around to see Alex, an old friend from school. We used to hang around a lot before I went out with Blake, we went our separate ways after that. "Alex?" I smiled. "The one and only," he chuckled. "How have you been?" I asked while I kept on pushing my kids. "Ok. School is boring like usual," Alex shrugged. "What about you? I haven't seen you in what, over a year almost two," Alex sighed. "Well, that's a long story," I laughed nervously. "I Uh, I had twins Kieran and Arorah," I told him. "I can see the resemblance with the little girl. But your son. Who's the dad?" Alex asked. "If you look around you'll see him," I replied. Alex took a moment and glanced around the park. "I don't see anyone here," Alex frowned. "Maybe look behind you. It'll be a total shock," I laughed. It was meant to be a joke as I couldn't see Alex as I had my back to him so I could push my kids. That was until I heard a loud gasp. My head snapped behind me and I was Alex panting with Jace glaring at him with Mitch clinging on his neck. "Hey babe," I smiled at him. "Hey. Who's this?" Jace asked. "This is Alex. He used to be my best friend before I got with Blake," I told him. "Right," jace furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm gay mate. I used to see cora as a little sister, nothing more, nothing less," Alex breathed out. "Nice to meet you," Jace held out his spare hand to Alex. "You to," he took Jace's hand and shook it. "I assume your Cora's baby daddy," Alex smiled. "Yeah. They turned one a couple weeks ago," I giggled. "That's why you haven't been at school," Alex sighed like he pieced the puzzle. "And jace, you left around the same time, I guess I didn't place it at first. But Blake and Callum have gone missing, have you heard about that?" Alex glanced between me and jace. "No. I broke up with Blake ages ago. So I don't really care what happened to him or Callum," I lied. "Do you know anything?" Alex looked at jace. "Yeah," he shrugged. "But you won't say anything unless you want to end up like them. And trust me, it isn't what you think," Jace threatened. "Not in front of our kids Jace. Especially Mitch," I scolded him. "Sorry. It's true though, Emilio won't be happy especially since he shot me," Jace muttered. "Wait I'm confused here. You know Emilio? As in Di'Angelo?" Alex asked. "Yeah. We live with him and his family," Jace replied. "How do you know him?" I asked. "Because he's in the most feared gang in England with the most badass member called jace. He's killed what?" Alex thought for a moment. "Over 200 people since 14 years old. Yeah I heard that as well," Jace interrupted. "Do you know him as well?" Alex smiled widely. "Not personally. Cora knows him quite well actually. Slept with him, had his kids. What else? Ah yes, is her boyfriend," Jace said sarcastically. "Will you behave," I hit him slightly. "Dada," Arorah called out to jace. "Hello princess," he went over and picked her up. I got Kieran while Jace had Arorah and Mitch. "How do you not know him personally if you know Emilio Di'Angelo?" Alex turned to jace. "I don't know. There's a lot to him. I'm only here to watch over cora and the kids as a body guard. Just incase something bad happens to them," Jace rolled his eyes. "Your so clueless. Jace stop playing around it's not a good look for your kids," I laughed. "What am I missing here?" Alex furrowed his eyebrows. "Everyone at school knows jace, because that Jace is these kids dad and it's the same Jace that is the badass. It's that Jace that has killed a lot of people," I told him. "I was so confused at the beginning. You calling him babe and that," he breathed out. "Wait. So you left school to become a gang member?" Alex had a straight face. "No, I left school because my dad pulled me out, and I got pregnant with my kids. Jace left because of the gang and to help me look after them. Mitch is our adopted son," I explained. "Is this real? I mean, you never stood up for yourself while you got bullied," Alex turned to jace. "I never stood up for myself because I didn't want to kill anyone on school grounds. And it would have given away my reputation. No one knew I was the jace Black that wouldn't think twice about killing anyone," he shrugged. "So what happened to Callum and Blake?" Alex asked. "I killed Callum while one of my friends killed Blake after he shot me," Jace replied. "Dada," Arorah screamed. "Yes baby girl?" He looked down at her in his arms. "Nacks," she called out with a smile. "Alright honey, let's go home," Jace kissed her head. "Sorry what was that?" Alex rubbed his eyes. "My daughter is hungry. So I'm going to take her home to eat. I'm confused here," Jace frowned at Alex. "I've never seen you so soft with anyone. I get that she's your kid and all but damn. I've never seen you smile or anything let alone be so soft with someone," Alex gazed in shock at jace. "Brilliant. We better go before Arorah has one of her tantrums," Jace looked back at me. "It ain't cute," I shook my head at Alex. "Well it's nice to see you again Alex, we should meet up soon," I smiled to him. "Of course, see ya," Alex smiled back and walked away. "I don't trust him," Jace blurted out. "Neither. I have a feeling," I agreed.

Once we got back home, we all made lunch. Mitch ate his food while me and jace fed Arorah and Kieran their snacks. Arorah calls snacks 'nacks' which is the cutest thing ever. "Should we all go play in the pool?" Jace called out after we ate. "Yeah," Arorah, Kieran and Mitch all smiled. We went upstairs to get ready, I put on my usual red bikini, Kieran in his blue shorts, Jace had black ones on and Arorah had on her one piece which was blue and flowery. Mitch had similar swim shorts as Jace but they obviously were his size. "You ready?" Jace looked down at Mitch. They both had towels over their shoulders. "Yep," Mitch laughed. He had got used to everyone now. Mitch wasn't as shy but was still, funny around the men. Once we got to the garden, Elijah, Tara, Theo, Javier, Rebekah, Corey, Thomas, Luna and Damon were all in the pool. "And they've returned," Elijah chuckled when he saw us. "What do you know about Alex?" Jace asked him as we got into the pool. Mitch played with Rebekah, Corey and Thomas like he always did. "Alex who?" Elijah looked at jace confused. "Sword. Alex sword," I told him. "Oh him. All I know is that he's gay, used to be friends with cora before she went out with Blake. Uh, oh yeah, he's in a gang. The um, snakes. With Harrison ford being the leader," Elijah informed us. "No wonder we both had feelings. Can you get more info on him, he came up to cora while we were in the park. Maybe it's time to visit my old buddy," Jace smirked darkly. "Keep the dark thoughts at bay babe. Now let's relax and have fun with the family," I laughed when Arorah splashed Jace and Kieran.