Chapter 19

Cora's POV

I searched Jace's face for any emotions but there was nothing. It was like looking into cold dead eyes. There was so much hurt in me that I needed to get away. I ran up to our room and started packing my things. "Cora," I heard Rebekah at my door. I remembered that she got scared by Elijah and jace. "Hey beks what's wrong?" I wiped my eyes and bent down to her level. "Where are you going?" She asked. There was sadness written all over her. "I have to leave honey. I'll be back one day and then you will be able to meet my baby's. I promise beks, I'll be back," I hugged her. I heard her small sniffles. "Rebekah," I heard Emilio call her. "Go on, go to your dad," I stood up. After that Rebekah ran off and I finished packing my things. My dad put all my things in the car as he wanted to take me to some safe house in the country side. I said goodbye to everyone and left. I put my hand over my belly and started to cry. "It'll be ok mi amor, it'll be ok," my dad looked at me for a second. We pulled out from the house and drove for hours. We stopped for food, fuel and to use the bathroom. After a while, we came to a small country house. My dad showed me a room and when he left I broke. How could jace use me for a month and then kick me out. There was a feeling in me that said he didn't mean any of it but the way he had no emotion on his face at all told me different. I wanted to go back and let him hold me but I couldn't. It was me on my own with my two baby's.

Roses POV

After Cora and Chris left, me and Salvatore ran up to Emilio's office. Luna and Damon were seeing to Elijah and Corey while willow and Emilio comforted Rebekah. Me and Salvatore burst through the doors to see jace on his knees. He had red puffy eyes and tears streaming down his face. "I want her back," Jace cried. I ran up to him falling on my knees holding him. "I fucked up rose and now I won't see my kids grow up. I just want her safe," jace sobbed. I had never seen jace cry, ever since he joined us, he had a serious face all the time for a 14 year old. But the past month to see him smile was amazing. And now seeing him cry like he did was breaking my heart. "I know jace, I know," I kissed the top of his head. I rocked him while he cried into my chest. "I want her back so bad," Jace's voice came out muffled but still audible. "Shh, it'll be ok. You'll get through it," I felt tears of my own forming. Jace was like a son to me, so to see him like that hurt me like it would to see one of my actual children cry. "Jace," I heard Emilio at the door. I let go of him as Emilio landed on the floor and hugged him.

Jace's POV

When rose let go of me, Emilio immediately hugged me. Rose and Salvatore left the office leaving me and Emilio alone. "Why does it hurt so much?" I sobbed. "Because you love her. And to keep her safe you had to hurt her. In the process you hurt yourself," Emilio sighed. "I want it to end. I need her back," I cried. "I know you do. But you have to stay strong in order to keep her and your kids safe," he told me. "Jace I'm so sorry," Elijah walked in. "It's your fault. If you hadn't got me wound up then I wouldn't have threatened to kill you. It takes only one small thing to tick me off. And because of it I had to break up with the only person I love more than my own family. It's all your fault," I shouted. I stood up and punched Elijah. He stumbled back a and I kept on hitting him. "Jace that's enough," Emilio tried to pull me away. "It's all his fault," I pulled my fist back until I felt a small body wrap around me. My arms immediately went around the small figure as I cried. "She told me she would be back one day," Rebekah whispered in my ear as she cried. "Maybe," I held her tight as I sat on the floor. I don't know how long we were sat there for, but hugging Rebekah made me realise I wouldn't be able to do this with my kids. After a while I felt Rebekah go slightly limp in my arms as her light snores filled my ears. I made myself get up to put her to bed. I layed her down in her bed and left. When I walked in the hall, I saw nick, Emilio, Henry, Lexi, hunter and Dakota stood there. "I put beks to bed. She was um, she fell asleep," I told Emilio. "It's ok. Go get some rest mate. You look like crap," he replied. "Thanks for the reassurance," I laughed weakly. "I'll tell everyone to leave you alone for a couple hours. Go on," Henry smiled at me. "Thank you," I nodded at him then went into my room. I put some grey sweatpants and a top then climbed into my bed. As my bed hit my pillow, I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

I woke up to small cries at the side of my bed. "Jace, Jace," I heard Rebekah. "What's up nena?" I asked her sitting up. "I had a bad dream and I can't find my mummy and daddy," she cried. "Can I stay with you?" She whispered. "Of course," I leaned over and put her on my bed. Rebekah went underneath my covers and curled up against my chest. I loved Rebekah but with the way I was feeling I couldn't say no. And she couldn't find Emilio or willow, and she wouldn't have slept so it was the easiest option. I looked at the time to see it was 1:34am. I sighed and layed back down. Once again, darkness took over letting me see nothing but the pitch black.