Chapter 15: Escapists

"Are you insane?! You wanna leave just like that?" a surprised Rouge asked Silver. Silver, Rouge, Blaze and Sonic were in one of the libraries. Silver had decided he would announce his idea to his three friends, he was leaving. "What about your parents? You haven't seen them in all these years and now you wanna lose them again?" Rouge continued asking.

"They're the ones who are losing me." Silver said. "They've turned on me twice already and I'm not putting up with anymore of it."
"But Silver, they're your family." Rouge protested. "They're friends with Sonic's parents. Sonic's parents are like his enemies and Sonic is my friend. So an enemy of Sonic's is an enemy of mine. And if my parents are friends with my enemies, I can't trust them." Silver said with a stern tone.

"Besides," he started again. "You guys are my real family. I've only known my parents for four years, I've known you guys for ten. My parents never really payed that much attention to me, I was like a chore on their to-do list. Wash the dishes, do the laundry, vacuum, feed the child. And as soon as I told them I was psychic they abandoned me."

"They've separated themselves from me, now I no longer know them. I don't know what they've become over these ten years. Now they're trying to separate me from my true family, I can't let that happen. And I'm not letting Sonic stay here with his abusive parents. Oh yeah, Sonic doesn't wanna stay here either. This place is not for us and we don't belong."

"We promised each other we would stick together no matter what. We're gonna go find Shadow and Knuckles and bring our group back together again. So... what do you say? Are you with me on this one?" he asked the girls. Blaze immediately stood up. "Every step of the way." she told him faithfully.

Rouge was hesitant, but gave in. "You're right, we'll never split up no matter what. Let's leave this funhouse!" she said. And just like that the four teens scrambled for the entrance. Without saying a word to any of their parents the kids busted through the doors and into the garden, then they took off, no looking back.

Several minutes later they ran all the way back to the jungle and jumped in the bushes. They took a short break then started searching for the other two members of their gang, hoping they decided to stay near the mansion. Luckily for them they did.

Shadow and Knuckles came out of some tall bushes and were overjoyed when they saw the rest of the group. Knuckles in particular was the more emotional one. He ran over and hugged everyone, squeezing them with his big strong arms. "I thought I would never see you guys again." he said through sobs.

"Mhhhmmh! Knuckles you're choking us!" Rouge managed to say in a muffled voice. Knuckles realized he was being to rough and put them down. "Heh, sorry about that." he apologized. "Why'd you guys leave the mansion?" Shadow asked. "Silver decided it was time for us to get back with our real family." Blaze said with a smile.

Shadow returned the smile then went over to Sonic and hugged him. "I've missed you a lot Sonic." he said. Knuckles snickered in an irritated manner and crossed his arms. Rouge chuckled and whispered to Silver. "Jealous much?"
Silver then remembered what Blaze said before they found the mansion (Chapter 9). Knuckles and Shadow do like Sonic after all.

To be continued...

Sorry that one was kinda short.

What will the gang do now that they've left the mansion? Stay tuned for more. Check out my other stories if you like. Buh-bye!