Chapter 27: An Unexpected Visitor

Silver plopped down on one of the living room sofas with a satisfied sigh. "Finally, comfort." he said feeling as relaxed as ever. "Draco was so nice to let us have his house." Tails said. He was sitting on another couch with Espio. "Right, Ep?" Tails asked his best friend.

"Of course, little buddy." Espio said playfully as he ruffled the boy's bangs, earning himself a giggle from the fox. "I would love to stay here forever." Knuckles said. He was relaxing in a rocking chair and had his eyes closed. "This is like one of the best nights of my life!" Sonic squealed. He was laying on yet another couch in the living room.

Blaze and Rouge were still getting themselves cleaned up in a couple of the bathrooms. Sometimes it takes a girl a little longer to fix herself up when it comes to personal hygiene. Shadow was the only one who wasn't sitting. He was standing against a wall and had his eyes closed and arms crossed. He obviously had something on his mind.

Later, Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Espio and Tails did as they pleased in the living room. Blaze was in one of the bedrooms of the second floor when she heard a knock at the door. "Come in." she told them. None other than a white long-quilled hedgehog came in and closed the door behind him.

"You need something, Silver?" Blaze asked him. "Well, I-I know this might seem kinda random and really out of the blue, but I was wondering. I'm s-sure you know about the crush I have on you and I know about the crush you have on me. S-so, um, I-I was wondering if... you'd... like to-"

Blaze got up from the bed she was sitting on and ran up to Silver, giving him a big hug then kissing him on the cheek. "I've wondered when you were gonna ask. I'd love to." she said with a smile. Silver started blushing as he returned the smile and hug. "Any longer and I would've had to ask myself." Blaze said as she poked her new boyfriend's nose.

Silver's blush intensified and he giggled a bit. "Just remember, no lip-to-lip kissing until we're married." the feline told him. Silver's ears perked up and his eyes widened. "M-married?!" he repeated. "Don't worry. You have a long time to think about it." Blaze said with a chuckle.

The light rodent didn't think he could get any redder, he was flustered. Suddenly they heard a knock on the front door. "I'll get it." they heard Rouge say. "We should go see who it is." Silver suggested. "Sure." Blaze said. The two of them left the room and walked to the living room, holding hands.

By the time they got there Rouge had just opened the door. "Oh, Draco! How's it going?" she asked him with a smile. "I'm doin' fine, thanks. I just came 'ack fer two 'easons. One, I didn't quite get yer names. And two, I wanted ya'll t'meet a friend 'o mine." Draco replied.

"Oh! Heh, we were so excited we forgot to introduce ourselves. Please, come in with your friend." Rouge said as she stepped aside. Draco walked inside with his hedgehog friend behind him. "I'm Rouge and these our my friends; Silver, Blaze, Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Tails, and Espio." Rouge said as she pointed them out.

"Nice t'know yer names now. 'Tis here's Scourge." Draco said. "Nice to meet you all." the green hedgehog said. He glanced over to the opposite side of the room when he noticed a familiar purple reptile. Espio looked back at the adult rodent with shock and unbelief.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Scourge asked him. The chameleon's legs started to tremble and his breathing got heavier and faster. Tails grabbed his hand. "Espio, are you okay?" he asked worried. "He......" was all Espio could choke out before he suddenly collapsed on the floor.

"Ah! Espio!!" Tails screamed. "Wake up! Wake up! Please, wake up!" the cub begged as he tried to shake the reptile awake, but to no avail. Everyone had gotten closer to see what was up, Silver and Rouge were kneeling with Tails. "What happened?" Draco asked with great concern.

"He's okay. He just fainted I think." Silver said. "Why would he faint upon seeing Scourge?" Sonic asked puzzled. Silver thought for a minute. Scourge seemed like he knew Espio from somewhere. Maybe their last encounter didn't go too well or something.

"Let me get him on a sofa." Knuckles suggested. Tails, Silver and Rouge stood up and backed away so their echidna friend could lift the chameleon and carry him over to a sofa. Once he did Tails went over and held Espio's hand. He was still worried sick.

"Have ya met 'im b'fore, Scourge?" Draco asked his friend. Scourge didn't respond. In fact, he didn't even look at his friend. Silver noticed the rodent had his eyes on Espio the whole time. What creeped him out most was that Scourge had a devilish smirk on his face as his eyes traveled slowly from side to side.

Was he checking out Espio? 'What a creep...' Silver thought. Just then it clicked in his mind. Espio had mentioned he had an unfortunate encounter with a green hedgehog much older than him. Could Scourge be that same hedgehog?! He was a hedgehog. He was green. And he was older than everyone in the room other than Draco.

Suddenly, Silver had this really bad feeling. Draco had snapped his fingers in Scourge's face. "Uh, hello? Mobius to Scourge." he said. Scourge shook himself out of his trance. "Huh? What? Oh, um, what was it you asked?" he asked. "Do ya know 'im er what?" Draco asked again.

Scourge glanced at Espio one last time. "I don't think so, just thought he looked familiar. Anyway, it was nice to meet you all. I'll be on my way now." he said as he started for the door. "I wanted t'introduce him t'ya'll so that seein' 'im wouldn't be awkward. Ya'll may see 'im a lot more of'en." Draco told them.

"Thanks, Draco. You've been very helpful to us." Rouge said with a smile. "Sure thing, Rouge. Hope yer friend's alright." the Komodo dragon said as he also turned to leave. After they left the gang started to talk among themselves. "Boy, that Scourge guy is kinda weird." Rouge admitted.

"Maybe he won't seem as weird once we get to know him." Sonic said. "I guess so. Now, who's ready for a board game?" Rouge asked excitedly. Sonic, Blaze and Knuckles agreed to a game while Shadow didn't respond. Silver walked over by Tails who was still worried about his reptilian brother.

"Will Espio be okay, Silver?" the cub asked. "Of course he will. He'll wake up soon. How about you go and play with the others while I watch him for you." Silver said. "Are you sure?" Tails asked. "Positive." Silver said with a smile. Tails looked at Espio once more before releasing his hand. "Okay. Thanks, Silver." he said.

"Anytime, buddy." albino replied. He watched the fox go off into the kitchen where they were playing their game. Silver thought about Scourge again. "I have a bad feeling about this guy..." he whispered to himself.

To be continued...

Uh oh, trouble.

Stay tuned for more. Check out my other stories if you like. Buh-bye!