Chapter 16: Brotherly Bond

After leaving the mansion Silver and his friends started traveling through the jungle again. The group split up to try and find useful resources. Silver, Rouge, and Sonic were one group while Blaze, Knuckles, and Shadow were the other. Right now Silver, Rouge, and Sonic were walking through a path in the jungle.

Silver sighed (he sighs a lot XD). "Hey Rouge, you think they're missing us by now?" he asked. "Definitely, but who gives? They shouldn't have tried to separate us like that." the bat replied. "Yeah." Silver agreed. "Anyway Silver, I've been wanting to ask you something." Rouge said with a smirk.

"Sure. What is it?" albino asked. "Do you like Blaze?" she asked. Silver started blushing a light pink. "What makes you think I do?" he asked nervously. "It's as obvious as the day, Silver. I've seen the way you two look at each other. I already know Blaze likes you and I'm pretty sure you like her too."

"Why are you bringing this up now of all times?" amber-eye asked. "Oh I was just wondering, seeing that everyone in the group seems to have found their soulmates except me." batty replied. "What do you mean? I thought you liked Knuckles." Silver said with a raised eyebrow.

"Who told you that?" Rouge asked confused. "Well wherever you got that information from it's no longer true. I really did like Knuckles, but then I found out that he actually likes Sonic so I can't go for him. Shadow also likes Sonic so he's not looking at me, besides he's not really my type. Sonic likes both Shadow and Knuckles and you like Blaze. So there's no one in the group for me." she said.

"Sorry, Rouge." Silver said feeling bad. "It's totally fine, sweetie! I'll find someone out there to love." Rouge said. "So, does Sonic really like both Knuckles and Shadow?" Silver asked. "Of course he does! Don't you darling?" Rouge asked Sonic.

Sonic crossed his arms and lowered his head. "Do we have to talk about it?" he asked in a mumbling fashion. Rouge laughed a little. "You are like, so cute when you're annoyed, Sonic. Knuckles and Shadow are some lucky guys." she joked. For some reason, Silver found that way funnier than he should have and covered his mouth to stifle his giggles.

Later that day the gang met up in another clearing with no luck of finding anything really useful. Since it was late they decided they'd just stay there for the night and travel some more tomorrow. They did this for the next few days, trying to find a different way out of the jungle and grabbing anything they found useful. At night, Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze would take turns watching for danger while the rest slept.

One night, Silver decided he would take the night watch for a couple of hours after Shadow. Once Shadow was finished he went to sleep against a tree (as they all did) and Silver took over. Silver was looking up at the full moon while thinking about his parents. What were they thinking about his sudden disappearance? Would they go looking for him? Did they even care?

The white hedgehog wasn't too sure about how to feel about his parents. I mean, they gave him away for goodness' sake and then they believed Sonic's cruel parents instead of their own son! Why would he lie to them for fun? Although he was glad to get away from them, part of him still felt bad about it. He had not seen them for ten whole years, but the time he spent with them was so little.

Breaking him from his thoughts was a shuffling sound coming from behind him. He turned around and noticed Sonic sitting against his tree awake. Silver walked over to the seemingly sad and lonely hedgehog and knelt beside him. Sonic ignored him. "Sonic, is there something wrong?" Silver asked (in a quiet voice obviously, as to not wake the others).

Sonic looked at him almost annoyed. "There's always something wrong with me! Why couldn't I have just been a normal kid? Why do my parents hate me so much? Why do I have this stupid speed problem?" he asked. Silver was surprised to see Sonic so upset like this. Did he hate himself?

Sonic crossed his arms and turned away from his friend. "Knuckles and Shadow might as well not even bother. I'm just a mistake." he mumbled. "Sonic, you shouldn't talk about yourself like this." Silver started. "There's nothing wrong with you. You're unique like all of us are. I mean, who wouldn't want the ability to move as fast as sound? And you're certainly no mistake. You're the missing piece of my life that I really needed."

"I've always wanted a brother and you've cured my wanting. Meeting you that day was the best thing that's happened to me. The main reason why I left the mansion was because I didn't want you to be hurt by your so called parents. If you were a mistake then I wouldn't be so happy to have you around. I love you as a brother Sonic, and I'll always remain by your side." he finished with a smile.

Sonic slowly turned to Silver again. "R-really? You mean it?" he asked quietly. "Of course! I'm not making all this up." he said with a chuckle, then he spread his arms out in a hugging fashion. Sonic got on his knees and hugged his friend tightly, Silver hugged back like he would never let go.

The blue hedgehog started tearing up with tears of happiness. "Thanks, Silver. I-I've never felt so much love before." he said between soft sobbing. "Aw, no problem bud." Silver replied as he broke the hug. "I'm pretty sure you'll be getting more of it from Knuckles and Shadow." he added before chuckling. For the first time since they escaped Power Hour (Chapter 7) Sonic smiled and blushed as he looked down.

Silver was happy to see his friend finally smile again.

To be continued...

Woo! Silver got Sonic to actually smile. So what's gonna happen next? Stay tuned for more. Check out my other stories if you like. Buh-bye!

P.S.
Here's a fun fact; the moment when Silver sees Sonic sitting against the tree is a reference to Chapter 3, that's when they first met!