◇Prologue◇

"Are you alright?"

The smaller girl trembled, staring at the older one.

She nodded slowly, hesitantly, eyeing the pistol in her hands.

The woman followed her gaze, and clicked the safety on, lowering her weapon.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you."

They stared at each other for a few moments, before the smaller girl's eyes widened.

"I... I recognize you. You're one of the 11th graders at school... one of the rich ones."

The taller one frowned, "Yes... I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"O-oh! I'm sorry, I-I'm... I'm a 10th grader at the same school..."

"Hmm... oh, I recognize you now!" She smiled, "You're the girl who beat Laurent in the last math competition!"

The smaller one nodded quickly, smiling. The taller scanned her, noticing a growing red stain.

"You're hurt... come with me."

"What?! N-no, I'm fine! Besides, I... I have to get home, Papa will be worried!"

"He'll be even more worried if you go home with that injury," the taller one knelt down, gently picking up the smaller one, who squeaked, "I'll take you to the base. You'll be healed there."

"N-no, really, I'm..."

"Shh," she smiled reassuringly, "Relax. You'll be home before morning, I promise."

"What... what's your name?" The smaller girl asked quietly.

"My name... I'm Lucina. What about you?"

"I... my name is Morgan."