◇3◇

Chrom hadn't been lying when he said Tiki's test wasn't easy, because it certainly wasn't. He was positive he had done more thinking and reconsidering in that half hour then he had in any single point of his life. 

But he passed, and with flying colors.

A week passed. He got used to the routine. Chrom would message him every morning with details on what they needed, and if there was anything he needed to look out for. After that, he went to work, where he had to refer to Lucina as Marth, and after work, he met up with his daughter and they would work through the planning together. 

As much as he didn't like it, he was required to keep a weapon on him. He settled for a small hand pistol he kept in his coat, just like his daughter. 

Robin's phone buzzed, and he looked down at it. 

Lucina
Follow me after our shift. I've got a lead.

He was about to answer when it buzzed again. 

Don't worry about Morgan, I already told her. 

The tactician looked across the room. Lucina looked up, meeting his eyes. 

He gave a slight nod, looking back down. 

Got it.

He pocketed his phone and went back to signing papers. The new boss wasn't half as mean as Gangrel was, and Robin was relieved that she didn't dump a pound of paper on him like he used to.

8pm finally came around, and he finished packing his stuff. Lucina walked past him, giving him a barely noticeable side glance as she passed. He watched her pass. 

She turned the corner and Henry whistled, "Love is in the air~!" 

"Ew," Robin made a face at him, "No way, she's way too young for me." 

"Says who?" 

"Henry, she's only a year older than my daughter," he sighed. 

"That would make things awkward, I'm sure," Tharja sighed, standing up, "Coffee?" 

"Can't, sorry. I promised Morgan we would play a board game tonight." 

"Good luck!" Henry laughed, "Bye!" 

He waved as Robin walked away, following the same path as Lucina. When he rounded the corner, she was past the doors to the lobby. 

He continued to follow her, outside, around the corner, into the alleyway. 

"So-" 

She hushed him, "Shh, be careful. We're in the Grimleal half of town." 

He frowned, and nodded as she peered around the corner. Lucina gestured for him to follow her. 

So he did. She made him pull his hood up. 

"Pretend we're chatting on our way to the cafe," she whispered. 

"Okay," he nodded, forcing a smile. She did the same, and they made useless chatter, all while she kept her eyes glued ahead. 

Robin followed her gaze, and realized they were following Tharja and Henry, blinking in confusion.

Lucina grabbed his wrist suddenly, following the two into an alleyway. They followed around corners, and she scowled. 

Finally, they saw Tharja alone at a dead end. 

"Where?..." 

Lucina pulled her pistol out, nodding at him. He hesitated, before doing the same. 

"Stay behind me, keep an eye out for her friend." 

Robin just nodded again, as she jumped out. He followed her, keeping an eye behind him. 

Tharja drew a pistol as well, turning around, "I knew it." 

"How smart you are," Lucina replied sarcastically. 

"Of all things, I never thought the Shepherds would be ambushing random people in the streets," she sighed. 

"I wouldn't call you a random person Tharja," Robin replied, "Where's Henry?" 

"Hiya!" Henry peered out from behind a garbage bin with Tharja, "One minute while I finish-" 

"Get off of me bastard!" A familiar voice shouted. A fist landed in his face, and Morgan came out from behind the bin, picking up both pistols with a scowl. Robin whirled around. 

"Morgan?!" 

"Oh, hey Papa," she pointed one pistol at Henry and the other at Tharja, "Sorry, I guess I wasn't as quiet as I should've been." 

"Don't… don't worry about it," Lucina sighed, "Give up Grimleal, you won't win this." 

Tharja scowled, "Really? That's what this is about?" 

"You thought it wasn't?" Robin blinked. 

She straightened up, lowering her gun with a sigh, "We aren't Grimleal." 

"I find that hard to believe," Morgan frowned. 

"Okay, I could understand why you think we are," Henry said, "But we aren't. Not anymore." 

"Anymore?" Lucina frowned. 

"Ex Grimleal?" Robin straightened up, frowning. 

"That's not possible. They don't let you just quit," the bluenette frowned. 

"We know," Tharja replied. 

"Technically speaking, we killed our way out," Henry stood up, walking up to Morgan, "Can I have my gun back?" 

"No," Morgan replied, "What do you mean you killed your way out?" 

"Exactly that," the black haired woman replied, "We tried to leave, and when they didn't let us, we killed them and left anyway."

Lucina straightened up, lowering her gun, "I…" 

"I'll take that," Henry wrestled his pistol from Morgan, holstering it, "Well, if that's all then I suppose we better get going." 

"I need a coffee," Tharja grumbled, holstering her own gun and covering it with her coat again. 

"Oh, before I forget!" Henry paused, "Your name isn't actually Marth, is it?" 

"No, but I ask that you continue to call me that," Lucina replied, hiding her gun back in her purse. 

"We've got nothing else to call you," Tharja shrugged, "See ya tomorrow I guess." 

The pair walked out of the alleyway. Robin and Morgan put their guns back into their coats. 

"That was…" Robin trailed off. 

"Interesting," Morgan sighed. 

"We should report this to Father," Lucina sighed. 

"Yeah," he nodded, "H-" 

Before Robin could finish talking, all three phones buzzed. They checked them. 

Chrom
Ylisstol High. Now. 

"Oh shit," Morgan muttered. 

"This can't be good," Lucina pocketed her phone, "Let's go." 

"The school building?..." Robin frowned in confusion. He followed the pair to the school building.