Chapter 1

LAURENS P.OV

I woke up just like I did every day. Tired, depressed, and alone. I didn't really have the energy or effort to do anything or even take care of myself. I kind of stopped caring about what I looked like when I realized people would call me shit no matter what I looked like. It was another typical day in Upstate New York. Cold, boring and no hope or happiness for the day ahead. I threw on sweatpants, like I did every other day. After what happened I couldn't wear jeans or skirts anymore. I can't even look at my leg without thinking about it. Thinking about him. He ruined me and took a part of the soul I had left.

I finished getting ready. I used to love the way I looked, I wasn't perfect but I was happy with myself. Now I just look tired and like I was dying. Which I pretty much was. I walked downstairs and ate some cereal. My mom hadn't really talked to me and neither had my dad. I didn't know why, maybe they knew I just wanted to be to myself or maybe they were just ashamed. Even the thought of them being ashamed of me hurt. I was supposed to be this perfect girl and I had failed them. The only person in my family that talked to me was my 7 year old brother Alex. Even though we had a 10 year age difference we really connected. My 22 year old sister Danielle moved out after what happened, she really wanted nothing to do with me. We haven't spoken since and it really hurt. I was about to leave when Alex came downstairs to say goodbye.
"Bye Lauren I wuv you" Alex said
"Bye Alex I 'wuv' you more" I said while giggling back.
Alex was really the only thing I had anymore, I don't know what id do without him.

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter 😋 I really like it so far :) sorry it's a short chapter but I don't want the story to go too fast.