Chapter 14

I looked down at my leg. There was a cut from one of the tree branches and it looked broken. I took off my heels and tried to stand up. I kept falling.

I called the only person who was really there for me right now.

About 20 minutes later Amber came running through the woods. Only me and Jack knew about the treehouse, and that's how I always wanted it to be. I didn't care that Amber saw the house and started walking to the car as she helped me. I hadn't realized how bad my cut was until my whole leg was red from my blood. Amber ripped off her jacket and wrapped it around the cut.

I was rushed into the hospital and sent to surgery.

*JACKS POV*

Amber had called me telling me Lauren was in surgery. I ran out of bed and drove to the hospital. Amber didn't tell me anything else and I was just hoping she was okay.
I took a deep breath and ran inside.

"WHERE IS SHE IS SHE OK" I yelled as I saw Amber sitting down.
"Jack calm down she's fine" Instead of causing a scene I sat there.
"What happened" I asked as my tears clouded my vision.
"She fell out of the treehouse, she cut her leg falling and when she landed it broke" Amber said
"Wait what do you mean she fell out, did it break?" I said as the realization that this could be my fault washed over me.
"Jack calm down. She was throwing stuff off the balcony and tripped" Amber said sincerely.
I couldn't calm down. I sat there shaking my leg and constantly checked the time.
"Why'd you cheat?" Amber said looking at her nails.
"I didn't.... It was Beth. I was trying to get her out of my house and she kissed me right as Lauren walked in" I said.
"You really love her don't you" she said looking at me.
"Yeah... I really do" i said as Lauren's parents walked in with Alex.
Alex ran up to me and hugged me. I haven't seen him in over a month.
"Hey buddy how have you been" I said giving him a high five.
"I'm good I missed you, wheres Lauren" he said looking in my eyes.
"I missed you too, Lauren will be right back she's just doing stuff" I said.

Alex sat on my lap and I watched the time as well as Lauren's parents. They probably knew and hated me too.

The doctor came out and walked towards Laurens parents.
"She's okay, just a few minor injuries. You can go see her if you'd like" I stood up and put Alex on the chair.
"Family only" the doctor said.

I sat back down.
After an hour of Laurens parents going in and out they took Alex and left.
I wasn't leaving until I got to see her.
The nurse walked up to me.
"Listen, you're not supposed to be visiting but you two can go in and talk to her" she said to me and Amber. Amber let me go first because we both knew I would put her in a bad mood.

I walked in and sat down next to the bed.
"Why are you here" she said as she drank some of her water.
"I still love and care about you Lauren, I don't care what happens." I said.
She looked at me and didn't say anything.
"Jack..." She said before I cut her off.
"Lauren just listen to me for two fucking seconds. I didn't cheat on you and I never in a million years would. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I love you. Why don't you understand that? I care about you so much and I'm gonna fight for you because I'm not stupid enough to let you go that easily. I know you deserve better but I just love you Lauren and im sorry okay" I said sitting back into my chair.
She looked at me as a few tears escaped her eyes.
I wiped them off with my thumb and she pulled me closer.
I didn't realize what she was doing until my lips were on hers.

I missed this so much. I could kiss her all day. She pulled back and looked into my eyes.
"I love you too, but I can't do this anymore, I need a break"