Chapter 17

I had never wanted my period more than I did right in those weeks after I took the tests.

I had taken multiple tests, they all came up positive, I just didn't want to accept it.

This wasn't supposed to happen. But then again that's kind of how my whole life had been. I wasn't supposed to get into an abusive relationship with some kid named Mike. I wasn't supposed to get raped. I wasn't supposed to fall in love before I had my life all planned out. And I definitely wasn't supposed to get pregnant. None of that was part of the plan. My whole life I wanted to get I to my dream college and have a nice life. Come to realize, reality is far from the plan id once had for myself.

Jack took it better than I thought he would. The next step was telling our parents. We decided to tell my parents first, just to get it over with.
I called my parents into the living room and sat down. I was super nervous and Jack could tell.
"We have to tell you something" Jack started.
I sat in silence hoping Jack would say it for me.
"Me and Lauren really just want you to hear us out and understand. Lauren is.." Jack said before my mom cut him off.
"Are you pregnant?" She asked looking at me.
"Yeah" I whispered.
"It was pretty obvious hunny" she said with a small smile.
"Listen, I'm disappointed in both of you for not being more safe but me and your mother, we're here for you" my dad said looking at both me and Jack.

Me and Jack told Jacks parents then went back to my house. I layed on the couch with Alex and Jack watching movies.
"I'm hungry" Alex said
I started to get up but Jack stopped me.
"What do you want bud?" Jack asked Alex getting up.
"I want ice cream!" Alex screamed.
As soon as Alex realized we had no ice cream he started begging Jack to take him to the store.
"I'll be back babe do you need anything?" Jack asked
"No I'm fine" I said with a smile
Alex and Jack walked out and to the car, the next thing I knew I had fallen asleep, and then id been waken up my moms screams.