Chapter 11

The next day Jack had left a note saying he had to leave early.

I got up and went to my studio my parents had built for me last month. It took me a while to get back into dancing but I finally "got my skills back" as my mom puts it. With the school year almost being over I decided to apply to my dream college. Limon University in New York City. I knew the second we toured it with my sister that it was the place. I had like no chance at all at getting in, but I still applied.

Over the break I practiced in my studio for my audition. Id been ignoring Jacks texts and calls all week, and though I felt bad I knew it was for the best. On Monday I walked in and walked straight for French. I was gonna try my best to ignore Jack for as long as possible, I couldn't tell him I applied for a college on the other side of the country.

He walked in and sat next to me.
He didn't say anything he just sat and stared forward.
"Why are you mad" he said as he clenched his jaw.
"I'm not" I said looking away from him.
He laughed and looked away.

It broke my heart knowing where this was going. I was gonna have to tell him eventually, I mean it's not like I would be accepted anyway. But it's not like we'd go to the same college either.

At lunch Jack sat at a different table, I walked over thinking I would tell him.
"Jack can we talk" I said sitting down next to him.
"So, you ignore me for a whole week then want to talk?" He said lifting an eyebrow.
"Whatever it is I don't want to hear it, go back to your friends that probably don't even give half a fuck about you " He said.
His friends laughed and continued to eat and act like typical teenage boys.

*JACKS POV*

I knew what I just said hurt Lauren. I felt so dumb. I just wanted to know why she was ignoring me.

I walked down the hill and to the treehouse me and Lauren spent almost everyday at. I climbed inside and she was sitting in the corner with her journal. She was crying.
She just looked up at me.

I sat down next to her.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said"
She stayed silent.
"Stop ignoring me Lauren" I said with a more angry voice than I intended.
She got up and climbed out of the treehouse and ran back to her house.
I just stayed there and looked at her journal that she left behind. I didn't open it, despite how tempting it was. It had everything.
I picked it up and started walking towards her house.

Idk how I feel about all this tbh haha let me know what you guys think