Chapter 18

I looked over at my mom as she was crying and running around the house grabbing her purse and keys.

I stood up as a sharp pain went through my stomach and up through my back, I ignored it and walked towards my mom.
"Mom what's wrong what happened?" I asked.
"Alex and Jack they..." She said before breaking out into tears and running I to the car. I got in and we drove to the hospital.

We ran in and walked up to the nurses, they told us they were in surgery and to wait in the waiting room. I waited nervously. Alex and Jack were all I had. They were everything to me. I looked down at my stomach. In 8 months I would be back here. I couldn't do it without Jack and Alex right by my side.
"Mr and Mrs Jones?" The doctor came out and explained everything to my parents. I couldn't focus on anything. Everything was a blur.

I fell asleep and was woken by the nurse saying I could go in and visit Jack. I walked in and sat next to the bed just as he did when I broke my leg. I held his hand and watched him sleep. He had a few broken ribs, internal bleeding, a broken arm and a few scratches and bruises. He woke up and looked at me.
"I'm so sorry Lauren" he said weakly.
"Why are you sorry?" I asked
"Your brother, it's all my fault" he said looking at the ceiling.
"Listen to me Jack, it's not your fault don't you dare say that. The truck smashed into you, you had nothing to do with it" I said .
He smiled and pulled me closer.
I laid in the bed next to him.
"Watch the ribs" he said with a smirk.

I smiled and leaned into him more. He reached down and put his hand on my stomach. He started making little circles on my shirt with his finger.
"It's gonna be okay Lauren" he said looking in my eyes.
"I'm scared." I said, and I was. I was scared for the future more than anything.
"Lauren. It will be okay. I promise and I'm gonna do anything I can to help you. Please don't worry" he said kissing me.

I believed him. That's just something I loved about him. He made me feel safe and when he said something I genuinely felt better.

The next day I woke up and walked to Alex's room to see him. Alex was ok, although the doctors think he might suffer from serious brain trauma.

So I think I'm gonna end this soon, hope you guys like it so far :)