~* Chapter 30 *~

He can hear yelling, yelling from every angle with different tones.

He can't feel a thing, it felt like his body has gone numb and limp.

He felt cold. For the first time in his life he had felt cold. He was mourning for someone's warmth, a warmth that which can warm his cold, lifeless body.

He reached out his hand at the dark area, trying to find warmth. But all he grasped was air, dead, lonely air. Was he dead? Is this the end of his life? Will he have to start a whole new life again?

Off from the distance, he can see a light.

Will he be able to reach it in time?

He ran forward, as fast as his legs can take him. His footstep echoed, and his breathing deepened quickly, and his heartbeat ceased slowly.

"Crap!" His voice echoed throughout the empty, dark area. He watched the light in front of him grow brighter, and farther at the same time. "No!" He ran, faster, and faster, and faster.

Will he be able to reach it in time?

'You shall give her happiness...'

'If you had succeed...'

'Now that you had succeeded...'

The carvings floated in front of him as he ran towards the light.

'We shall give you a gift.'

The Ice Mage groaned before stopping, the light floating farther, and farther, and farther away from him. And the only light source he can find was his own.

"What kind of gift?!" He yelled, turning his body around and around, "I am dead! Okay?! I did not succeed to give her anymore happiness!"

'You had succeeded on giving her happiness... A life.'

Another light shined in front of him, and two figures stood inside the light, 'You had saved the young soul... You had gave her a meaning to live. You gave her a family. A family of her own.'

Gray squinted at the bright light. "Why are you saying this now?! Why?! Right after I had died too!"

'A new cycle will begin.' It said again, a hand lent out towards him as it waved in a circular motion, 'A new born being will start to develop.' A picture was then starred in front of him, and his eyes widened at the familiar person.

"Yuki..." His arm reached out, but it faded just as soon as he touched it. "What do you mean a new born being will start to develop?" the male questioned.

'The young soul is starting to have a new being inside of her.' it said, 'You had gave a new life to this magic world.'

"Yuki..." Gray widened his eyes, "Is.. Pregnant?" There was no words floating in front of him, and he take it as a yes. A small smile was placed on his lips, "I'm.. A father." He grinned, but then it was placed with a frown, "That means... The baby won't be able to have a father...."

Gray shot his eyes back to the two figures engulfed inside the light, "Do I get to choose my gift?"

'Yes. Any gift can be gifted to the person who had given the young soul a soul mate. Immortality, wealth, luck, ask anything.' Gray grinned soon after that.

Gray laid lifeless in the female's arms, and the sky was now planted with a gloomy atmosphere. Gray Fullbuster... Had died from saving his love one.

Yuki cried uncontrollably. Her forehead was on top of his, and she can't help crying for his name. She wanted to see his onyx eyes again, hear his low, husky voice, feel his warm hands across her cheeks.

But it's too late now, she can't save him again, she wished to have one more day to spend time with her love one.

"Gray..." She sniffed, but can't hold her tears back. Wendy had stood, crying, unable to save a life. Yuki caressed the male's cheek with her thumb, and she gave the male a peck on the forehead.

"I"m sorry..." She bit her lip. Pachinolia had finally ceased, and every last bit of it's soul had been perished. She squeezed her eyes, giving one last praise to her love one. Everybody doing the same.

"I love you... Gray..." She said, she gave another peck on his forehead, giving one more on his cheek, but that one lasted much longer. "I love you... So... So much.." She squeezed her eyes tight once more, tightening her grip on Gray's body.

"Gray..." She said his name once more. She can't bear looking at his face anymore, or her eyes will overflow with tears again.

She felt warmth on her cheek, and then on the back of her neck. Her body was then pulled down, and a pair of lips was attached to hers. Yuki snapped her eyes open and met a pair of onyx one.

The pair she was always mourning for.

She pulled away, and he started to stroke the tear stained cheeks in front of him. Yuki placed her hand on top of his, cherishing the warmth.

"Welcome back, My hero." Gray grinned painfully.

"I'm back..."