Part 29: The Flambouyant Jackass

"Hah..." Akai sighed. He sat cross legged with Genya in their training ground. It had been a week since the Kanao incident. They were practicing on maintaining their breathing pattern as they increased their temperatures. They would raise their body heat from a normal temperature, to just bellow the boiling point of water. And maybe even abive that if they could.

"This is hard, huh?" Genya said, wanting to start conversation.

"Yup." Akai said, steam puffing from his mouth.

"Is it uh... True that you made Aniki cry?" Genya asked quietly.

"...Yes." Akai whispered. They both chuckled at that.

...

...

...

"So, how's it going between you and Kanao-"

*Whe-HEEZE*

Akai's breath hitched and he went into a coughing fit, making the heat he built fizzle away.

"Oh crap! Sorry!" Genya broke his concentration and went to help Akai. He patted his friend's back as Akai violently coughed onto the ground.

"Please don't talk about that." Akai wiped some saliva off of the corner of his mouth and sighed. He heard a small chuckle behind him.

"Pathetic." Sanemi smirked with his arms crossed.

"I MADE YOU CRY!!!" Akai whipped around and yelled like a child.

"YOU WERE CRYING TOO!!!" Sanemi retorted, equally childish.

"Stop it you two. Aniki, I made us lunch." Genya, who somehow ended up being the voice of reason, pulled out two lunch sacks and pulled his brother away.

"So, we're done for today?" Akai asked.

"Yup!" Genya nodded as he and Sanemi walked down a trail that presumably led to their house.

Akai sighed and pulled out a blood cup. He brought it to his mouth and began to take little gulps. He decided to enhance his senses. His eyes narrowed when he heard a scuffle in the estate.

"LET ME GO!!!"

"Where are you taking Aoi!?!?"

Akai's eyes glowed bright red and he crushed his cup.

"Who dares..." Akai snarled. He turned and went into a sprint to lob the head of whatever kidnapper had gotten into the estate.

As he flew through the forest and the corp headquarters, he overheard the scuffle as it happened. A man who's voice he remembered but couldn't identify was attempting to kidnap Aoi and Naho. Tanjiro has just arrived and was engaging the man.

He rounded the corner and saw  Sound Pillar Uzui Tengen perched on the gate to the estate, Aoi slung over his shoulder. Tanjiro, who had rescued Naho, glared at Tengen defiently.

"Akiko, follow us!" In his focused rage, he didn't notice Inosuke and Zenitsu at his side.

"Imma kill him." Akai gritted his teeth.

"Let's wait on that." Zenitsu said with a cautious tone.

"Fine." Akai growled.

"I'll go right!" Inosuke yelled and dashed away.

"Left!" Zenitsu dashed to his spot.

"I'll cover his back." Akai said and slid to a stop. Inosuke and Zenitsu went to climb on the walls to the left and right of the gate Tengen was on.