Back Home

James POV

It's finally Tuesday, Thomas is finally coming back and things will finally be normal again right?

I quickly got on a bus and we headed off to the hospital. I started playing the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack on shuffle.

"♪On the outside always looking in will I ever be more than I've always been? 'Cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass. I'm waving through a windooowww.♪"

To be honest, I relate to Evan a lot, I mean apart from being a pathological liar. One day I hope to open up more and try be outgoing. I was so caught up in my thoughts I hadn't realized I was singing under my breath.

"Hey Maddy!" It was Hercules, I didn't know he sat beside me. I was just really excited to see Thomas even though it had only been 2 days since we saw eachother.

"Heya Herc, I was about to head to the hospital to pick up Thomas."
"I know-" Suddenly Lafayette poked his head from the seat behind us.
"Hercules, mon petite ami, you blew our cover!" Lafayette exclaimed.
"Sorry!" He replied "We were going to tag along with the others..."
"The others?.." I raised an eyebrow
"Herc!" Laf yelled again.
"Sorry! Guess I'm not that sneaky"
ah yes irony.

"Well we were going to bring cake with Laurens, Hamilton and Burr-" (Laf)
"How many people did you bring?!" (Mads)
"Well, we have the Schuyler sisters too- and Maria! With George F., Sam and Charles."
"And you did this for what?"
"Hah, I guess I got carried away, sorry mon ami. We got cake but Burr squashed it by accident."
I turned around and Burr opened a cake box to show a mushy cake with 'Happy Birthday Thomas'.
"IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY?!" I yelled which warranted some strange looks.
"Oh no, oui. You did bring him a gift?"
"Crap, you guys can go on without me, I'll be there by 5pm." I got off ASAP and waved to the others goodbye.

I'm so stupid! How could I forget my boyfriend's own birthday! I think he's turning 21 this year. No, the birthdates and years aren't going to be accurate because I'm lazy TwT. I thought for a moment and knew exactly what I was going to get him!

Time skip to 5pm

"Sorry! I'm finally here." I noticed Laurens and Hamilton were getting along again, I wonder if they made-up. The girls were holding different balloons. It seemed kind of odd considering this all was gonna go down in a hospital, then an idea struck me.

"Maybe you guys should head to our dorm instead it would be kind of odd to have this happen here." I said.
"We aren't puppets yanno, we came all this way-" Hamilton got interrupted by Maria.
"Well I think it's a great idea, we can surprise him!"
"Yeah!" I replied.

I opened the door to Thomas' room and he smiled at me again. I hated when he did that, I always got really flustered and awkward.

"Jemmy, hey!" He wore crutches but he was able to walk towards me and hug me tightly. "I missed you so much"
"M-Me too." I hugged him back.

Time skip to the dorm uwu

I held the door open for him and noticed the light come on and everyone cheered.
"Happy birthday Tommy!" I exclaimed.

"You all did this.. for me?" Tears welled up in his eyes.

"Yup!" Lafayette replied "Now let's partaayyyyyyy!"

After a while of just messing around and jamming to music I noticed that I didn't feel weird anymore. I felt comfortable and safe, like I never did before around other people.

"Alright let's pass around the gifts for him!" Herc jeered.
"You guys didn't have to... but since you did HECK YEAH!" Thomas laughed.

Everyone actually did get gifts for him, even Hamilton who got him a sweater saying "Number 2 Negotiator"

"Number 2?" Thomas giggled.
"Obviously I am the better debater, but we already knew that."
"Oh Hamiltrash, how thoughtful." They both laughed.

After a while it was on the second last one, Laf got him some fancy French wine.

"Uh- Laf this is great!"
"Well you are the legal age now" he winked and everyone laughed.

It was my turn and I fumbled with my hands before opening a ring box with a rodolite ring.

"HE PROPOSED??" Laurens said unexpectedly.

"What- No, no. I mean not now anyway" I replied, flushing red with embarrassment.
"So you're considering it?" He raised and eyebrow.
"Uh- maybe I- Uh- just take it!" I slipped it onto him and he gave me that smile again.
"Jemmy, it's beautiful" he gave me puppy eyes and kissed me right there, I kissed him back and I never wanted to let go.

"You realize we are all still here right?" Hamilton said. We both pulled apart and went back to doing some crazy and fun crap. We had the cake despite it being all squashed and stuff.

After everyone left me and Thomas cuddled on his bed and as we were about to doze off he said...

"I love you so much James, never leave me okay?" Thomas said.
"I love you way more, you have no idea."

He wrapped his arms around me and we both fell asleep. All I thought was how much I love him and how I want to be with him forever.

Woah that was a long chapter to write. Hope it makes up for a lack of publishing. We are coming towards the end but not just yet! Maybe 2 or 3 more chapters still to go. Maybe give me recommendations on what to do next? Until next time, bye!