Casual Day

Thomas POV

I woke up the next morning, I got out of bed and looked into my vanity mirror. I noticed I was still wearing the ring Madison gave me and I reminded myself how lucky I am to have him in my head. I put on a new set of clothes and combed my 'bird's nest' of hair.

I got out of my bedroom to see James just looking content. He turned to see me.
"Hey Thomas!" He said.
"Hey Jemmy" I kissed him on the cheek.
"Do you want to head out to the courtyard with Herc and Lafayette?"
"Sure, let's gooo"

We walked out and saw them waiting outside for us. We just started talking about what we were gonna do after graduating and things like that, John and Alexander spotted us and headed over.
"Hiya" John chirped, arms linked with Hamilton.
"Hey John, I thought you two- er- had your issues" Lafayette commented.
"I forgave him, I mean he was just in a dark place so I understand. So am I invited to your wedding James?" Laurens winked and nudged James.
"I- uh" We all laughed.
We later met up with everyone else and arranged to hang out at John's dorm.

"Heya" Peggy greeted, the Schuyler sisters arrived along with Maria and another girl.
"Hey gals! Who is she?" John asked.
"Oh- uh I'm Theodosia" She said.
"Theodosia and I have been together for a couple weeks, we met at a library in town" He smiled brightly and Theodosia sat beside him.
"You guys are all so lucky you have someone like that in your life" Angelica said upset "My father wants me to get married to one of his business partner's son, but I'm not too interested."
"You can just say no, I'm sure daddy will understand." Peggy said.
"I know but I don't want to make him disappointed in me..." She replied.
"I hope it gets better" I said.

Alexander attempted to apologise to Eliza for the 72726627th time probably but she wasn't having any of it.
"Please Eliza, I don't know what I was thinking, just forgive me."
"Ugh, fine, just stop bothering me, please. Let's go ahead and turn on a movie!"

We watched IT and James was shaking and his eyes were wide.
"Hey are you alright?" I whispered to him.
"Y-yeah I'm not scared, hmph"
I put my arms around him and he put his head closer to my chest. By the end of the movie he fell asleep and his head rested in my lap. Everyone went home and I carried James back to our dorm.

I put him to bed and I headed to my room and fell asleep. After a couple hours I heard the door creek open.
"T-Thomas..." James said.
"James? It's 3am"
"I-I just had a bad dream, could I..?"
"C'me here" He put his arms around me and we headed back to sleep.

The next day I woke up and I saw James making some breakfast.
We sat down and eat the eggs and bacon.
"Wow this is really good" I exclaimed enthusiastically and ate it frantically.
"It's not THAT good" we both laughed and headed to our lectures.

Afterwards James and I both headed to the park and just laid on the grass, we started cloud gazing and taking about the different shapes they made, it reminded me of when I was a kid.
"That one kind of looks like you" James laughed.
"Whaaaat? No, I'm way more fabulous." I giggled.
We held hands and I looked into James' eyes. We got up and went back to the dorms, as soon as we got back there was a ring on the door.

"I'll get it!" I went back to the door and opened it so see John holding a turtle with sparkles in his eyes.
"Look at my baby!" He patted the turtle's shell.
"We adopted a turtle and John insisted that we must show everyone and guard it with our lives." He sighed and then looked at John's face, they look happy.
"I named him Philip!" He put it on his head. I let them both in, James and John immediately started gushing about how adorable Philip is.

"Jealous, Hamiltrash?" I laughed.
"Oh shut it Thomas."
"Wow, you actually used my real name for once, who are you and what have you done with Alexander?"
"Don't get too used to it, you're still a pompous asshole"
"Aaaand there he is."

Afterwards we said our goodbyes and I went to my room and started scrolling on Tumblr. Alexander may still be annoying as f*ck but we are getting somewhere.

Hope ya'll found this chapter alright, a new one is one it's way.