Study Date part 1

50 dollars for an hour.

That's the price you had to pay to spend 1 whole hour with your crush.

Except, well, that 1 hour was for maths instead of you just staring at his cute face while he's teaching you how to solve algebra.

And yes, being 16, you are supposed to know how to do algebra already. And since you already know how algebra works for the past 3 years, you can just zone out and listen to your crush's deep, honey-laced voice, without missing out on anything.

Cool.

"So to find x you have to times both side by ln, that way you get rid of the exponential since ln e is 1."

Yes, algebra is easy. Do you know what's not? Trying to look at the paper when you have a cute guy as your tutor.

"Are you paying attention?" Victor turned to look at you, dragging you out from your thoughts and exaggerated images of his sexy face.

"To your face."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I mean...ummm...multiply by ln, remove ln e, got it." You chuckled in an effort to hide your embarrassment, which you shouldn't be since it wasn't the first time you zoned out when he is talking.

"Dummy." Victor hummed in reply, flipping to the next page to see what you went wrong in your recent test, which had almost a perfect score since you were actually good at maths.

Is he really that oblivious?

"It's strange that you're asking for my help even when you got close to a perfect score."

"..." You shrugged. "I didn't know I would do well in this test."

"What about the other tests? You did well too." Victor read through your workings again to see if I actually got most of it right. He even rechecked your answers on the calculator, going as far as to using the d/dx function on the calculator (which no one uses because it's way too tedious).

"I mean I do have a good tutor helping me out."

Victor raised an eyebrow at your compliment. "That's weird considering you're not paying attention to me half the time."

Busted.

"Am I really that bad? Is that why half of the people I teach don't even understand what I say?" Victor sighed, looking down at his phone to reply to a message that popped up.

It's because you're hot.

"No, no, that's not what I meant. Look at me, I got great results after you started tutoring me." You forced a toothy grin at him, trying to not make him feel bad for your attitude.

"Well, you guys are all dummies, anyway. Can't even solve simple algebra."

I can.

"Right..." You chuckled nervously at Victor's comment.

"We're almost out of time." Victor looked out from the window. Dark clouds brooded in the sky, gales of wind swept across and trees swayed helplessly: the storm had not yet receded.

Raindrops battered at the window, and the potted succulents that stood on the windowsill trembled in fear at the vicious rain that wanted to break in.

"I guess I'll call a cab. Or perhaps my mom could come..." You fished out your phone and texted your mother, asking if she could come soon to pick you up.

But before you could click send, Victor laid his hand on yours, stopping you from doing so.

"I...uh...." He said nervously. "Care to join us for dinner?"

You blushed at the intimacy and the sudden closing of the distance between the two of you. Butterflies erupted from your stomach, and the giddy feeling was starting to take over.

"My aunt's cooking is not the worst."

Fuck. Am I dreaming?

Victor averted your gaze, looking down at his hand that rested on top of yours. Is he blushing? You decided that something like this wasn't gonna happen every day, so why not?

~

"So, Y/N, how's Victor like in school?"

"Uhhhh..."

You fiddled with the piece of meat that Victor just put in your bowl, thinking of an appropriate answer to his aunt's endless showers of questions.

This was supposed to be a harmless dinner with Victor and his family. But now it just seemed more like an interrogation with Victor's aunt and father.

Like how parents react when their son brings a girl home. But you're sure you aren't the first person that came since some of your friends had him as a tutor as well.

You would like to blame it on the fact that it had been raining for the past few hours, and you didn't have an umbrella so you couldn't really leave. You would've gotten wet even if you had one, anyway. Also, your mom ignored your text message so that wasn't really an option.

On the other hand, you couldn't reject Victor's invitation since he was so cute trying to ask you to join him for dinner. So you would like to think that your decision was right.

Right?

You glanced over at Victor, who had no interest in your conversation with his aunt. He picked up a chunk of tofu with his chopsticks, shoving it into his mouth right away before mumbling something that was barely audible.

Victor turned to look at you, giving you the death stare which he always does, as if telling you to not fuck this up.

"He's....he's great? I guess?"

Author's Notes:

I know this isn't a one-shot, so bear with it (also, stay tuned to see what happens next week in this trainwreck of a fanfiction series).

All works in this series are unrelated to each other (unless if specifically mentioned).