Christmas Shopping

"Hey, Victor?"

"What."

"Why are you so clingy today?"

It was finally that time of year when you get to forget about all your workload and do some Christmas shopping with your boyfriend. Like any other year ever since he asked you to date him, he's bringing you back to see his father, and you will be taking him home to see your parents, too.

Except for this year, instead of his constant scowling and getting distracted by messages and calls, Victor had his eyes only on you, and you only.

As soon as you got out of the car, Victor said that the weather is really cold and held your hand tightly in his, squeezing it every now and then. And when you got closer to him and wrapped your arms around his, he didn't push you away or distance himself from you. Instead, he just patted you on the head and called you dummy.

You looked up at him, not expecting an answer: but at least your eyes could force an answer out of him. He chuckled and pressed a kiss on your forehead, smiling at you for the first time since this morning.

"'Cause you look cute today."

You blushed at his comment, averting his gaze to try and hide your embarrassment. Why is he being so cheesy today?

"...Dummy." You grumbled and jabbed his arm, which earned you another kiss on your cheek. "What are we getting for your dad?"

Victor shrugged, pointing at the bubble tea shop that had a non-existent queue. "Do you wanna get some boba first?"

Your eyes glimmered, especially since he never let you have bubble tea, ever. You could just imagine the sweet silky milk tea sliding down your throat, followed by the tumbling tapioca balls rolling around your mouth.

It only took a few minutes for your cup of bubble tea to arrive. Eyes sparkling in delight, you reached out your hand and received the coolness of the plastic cup. Victor stabbed in a straw for you, putting it at your lips and telling you to take a sip.

"Are you not gonna take a sip?"

"What? Of course I am!" You said as you snatched the cup from Victor's hand, slurping at the heavenly milk tea. And while you still remember it, you thanked Victor for his bubble tea, not noticing that you had a mouthful of boba.

"Dummy," he said you laced your arm with his again, happily leaning into his shoulder. "Let's go see if there's something that my dad likes."

Honestly, after the number of years you have been dating, it was almost impossible to find a suitable gift for his father: one that he would like, and wouldn't cost a fortune, like the one you gave him two years ago.

While you were walking, a stunning shop for beauty products caught your eye. You bounced in excitement, pointing to it and telling Victor to bring you in there.

"No."

"Whyyyy..."

"Because we're here to shop for Christmas gifts for our parents, not you."

"But Victor..." You planted your feet into the ground, not wanting to move unless he lets you at least have a peek at what they offer. You promised to not buy anything else since you just had a shopping haul with Kiki and Anna like two weeks ago.

"Fine. Why do I listen to you, anyway?" Freeing yourself from Victor, you dashed into the beauty shop, trying out every lip balm and hand lotion they have to offer.

"Victor you should try this." You picked up the most promising looking lip balm, which had a shiny rose quartz casing.

"I'm not gonna let a dummy put some unknown stuff on my precious lips." Victor held your hand mid-air, putting the lip balm back down to where it came from. "Besides, who knows how many lips it has touched before mine."