When Two Music Students Meet

"You know what? Fuck that new kid!" Kiki screamed as she clawed at her hair, messing it up in a fit of rage.

"Why?" You said as you continued reading the book that you dug up from the deepest corners of your shelve yesterday: a lost treasure you have been meaning to read for the past 2 years, but you forgot about it.

"So I was trying to be nice and wanted to be friends with him, 'cause you know, he looked cute. But then when I wanted to ask for his Instagram he told me to buzz off and continued reading his book. The audacity of that little brat!"

"I think it's because you scared him Kiki."

"Well, what am I supposed to do? Offer to sit next to him and help him with maths, then become friends?"

"Is that not how it works?"

Kiki turned to glare at you. "Are you on my side or not?"

You chuckled, closing the book and patting Kiki on the head. "I trust the cute guy if he's cute."

That made Kiki pout even more, turning away with a humph of dissatisfaction.

~

It was 5 in the evening and you were trying to get in some violin practice before your lesson later at night. Nocturne in C sharp minor was the piece you are currently learning, having remembered its existence when someone mentioned Karate Kid a few weeks ago.

A depressingly beautiful melody filled the room as you fiddled as expressively as you could, creating a sad atmosphere coupled with the silent drizzling of rain outside (how did Chopin even come up with masterpieces like this). Your cat lazed around and fell asleep on the couch, her tummy facing upwards as she snored away to your music.

You groaned yet again at your incapability of playing scales: they had always been something you hated since you picked up the violin. To make things even worse, C sharp minor was your least favourite keys of all the minors, to the point where you would rather play E flat minor instead or even G flat major.

Sorry, musician rant. Musicians are always picky with anything and everyone has at least one scale or type of scale that they hate playing, but they love their instruments more than basically anything, really.

Just as you were about to continue with your piece, you were interrupted by a loud crash at your door. Putting your dearest violin down on the table gently, you headed out the door to see what had happened.

A guy was picking up his stuff spilling out from a cardboard box, sighing as he collected the fragments of one of his shattered plates.

You rushed forward to help him pick it up, accidentally picking up the same piece as he did. He looked up at you, and that moment both of you locked gazes.

He's cute.

The boy coughed, muttering a silent thank you as he carried the box into the unit the next you.

Am I having a cute guy as a neighbour? Holy shit.

"Can I help you with anything?" You asked before the boy disappeared into his apartment unit.

"Uhh, no thanks. Keep playing that Chopin piece."

Well, guess he doesn't like talking, huh?

~

Is that GFriend?

You paused the video of two guys making videos about classical music and violins: it was hilarious, but you thought you heard GFriend coming from somewhere.

Leaning closer to the wall, you confirmed that you did hear GFriend from the other room. It was an acoustic version of Yeoreumbi, one of your favourites ever since you started stanning them when they debuted 5 years ago.