Study Date part 2

Victor rolled his eyes at your comment, and you could only chuckle in return as he gave you another piece of fried broccoli.

What did you expect me to say? That you're mean, cold, harsh and judgemental? That you call me a dummy or an idiot every time I say something?

"That's not what the teacher said when we went to meet them." Victor's aunt looked puzzled, glancing at her nephew and then back at you.

"In fact, most of them said that I'm terrible and that I'm antisocial," Victor said as-a-matter-of-factly, clearly not bothered by his teacher's ridiculous opinions on him. Like honestly, since when does he ever care about something like that.

"'Cause that's exactly what you are!" You cackled and laughed at Victor, happy that finally, people agree with you on something.

"...Idiot." Victor scoffed and continued with his dinner.

"You know, Y/N, our Victor might seem cold on the outside, but he's actually very kind, and caring, and gentle!"

"Whatever..." You noticed the slight blush on Victor's cheek as he turns away, stuffing more rice into his cheeks.

"I mean, Victor is a bit harsh sometimes, especially when he's teaching maths. Other than that, he's really nice," you said while picking up your bowl to try the piece of meat that Victor gave you, not realizing that he's put more food in it when you were distracted.

"Like yesterday he forced me to take his umbrella and walk home since it was drizzling. But before I can say thank you he ran off in the rain."

You turned to glance at Victor, seeing that his blush has now bloomed into a darker tint of red.

"Ooohhh, our Victor did that?" His aunt squealed to his father, who, like Victor, wasn't paying any attention to the conversation. "No wonder his hair was damp when he came home."

Victor mumbled something under his breath again, but this time you heard something like 'regret' and 'dinner'.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." He got up from his seat, clearing up his bowls and made sure to throw you a glare before he went up to his room.

Did I do something wrong again?

"Honey, he's like that sometimes. He's quite bad at expressing his feelings and maybe that's why half of the people he meets say he's a terrible person."

"I can tell by the fact that he never talks to people."

"Which is why we were delighted to have you over for dinner! He's never interacted with a lot of people after his mother passed away.."

"Wait, really?"

"Mmmhmm." Aunt Grace nodded and wiped her mouth with a piece of tissue. "I'm glad he has someone to rely on, Y/N. It might be too early to say so, but Victor hasn't had many close friends: it has been like that since he was young. He just never really liked hanging out with people."

You didn't know how to respond to that. Was she trying to tell you something that you didn't know? Did Victor actually trust you, or was he just doing it because you're his main source of income?

"Give it some more time. Victor really cares about you. He usually eats more rice than he did tonight. More as in, his portion plus your portion." She got up and began stacking up the empty dishes.

"And look, he left the chicken wing for you. He never lets anyone have it."

"Aunt Grace, I need a new towel! This one smells terrible!" Victor shouted from his room.